Expired

Payforit charges on 3 mobile bill

Found 18th Nov 2014
I've noticed some wired charges on my 3 mobile bill, apparently I've clicked some links which are charged £6 a click, 3 mobile refuses to give refund, payforit is a complete bunch of knobheads. I didn't sign up for anything or registered anywhere , are they allowed to apply such charges to my mobile phone bill? has anyone had any luck getting refund?

11 Comments

Are they for dodgy videos?

Original Poster

I have no idea!!! what is it for and why is being charged to my mobile bill

Payforit is owned (partly) by 3.

http://www.payforit.org/

It might be worth asking for an itemised receipt of the purchases you have apparantly made. The link above is their website which may shed light on who they are and what they do.
Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Nov 2014

The same thing happened to my father. He got charged for some payforit video and he kept receiving dirty text messages from them too. Not much you can do but just make sure you are not accidently subscribed to anything. Ring 3 and they will give you a number to contact payforit directly.

Just to add - from their FAQ page

Do I need to register for payforit?

There is no registration process or need to sign up with the merchant or your mobile network for using Payforit, you can simply use it when and where you see the Payforit logo. You also don’t need to download anything to use Payforit, although you will need to be able to browse mobile internet sites from your handset to be able to access the sites that accept Payforit as a payment option.

If you are browsing over the mobile internet, Payforit automatically detects your number from your mobile network as soon you reach the payment page so you don’t have to enter it in. If you’re browsing using broadband or WiFi, you will either be asked to enter your mobile number or to send a code to a number shown on screen.

RossD89

Just to add - from their FAQ pageDo I need to register for payforit? … Just to add - from their FAQ pageDo I need to register for payforit? There is no registration process or need to sign up with the merchant or your mobile network for using Payforit, you can simply use it when and where you see the Payforit logo. You also don’t need to download anything to use Payforit, although you will need to be able to browse mobile internet sites from your handset to be able to access the sites that accept Payforit as a payment option.If you are browsing over the mobile internet, Payforit automatically detects your number from your mobile network as soon you reach the payment page so you don’t have to enter it in. If you’re browsing using broadband or WiFi, you will either be asked to enter your mobile number or to send a code to a number shown on screen.

Sounds like it can easily be abused.

teh arn

Sounds like it can easily be abused.

Sounds like a great way for the mobile operators to part parents (who have kids with contract phones) of their money though.

I can't see their no registration policy lasting too long.
Edited by: "RossD89" 18th Nov 2014

This is why the capped tariff on Tesco Mobile is so good.

Original Poster

Three offered a cap after my complaint but still want my money back

Original Poster

succesufully managed to claim all the money back from three this morning, after I've told them that I'm going to report them to Ofcom

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions