Groups

PAYG Internet

I was wondering if anyone has used the PAYG internet for online gaming as in on the xbox 360 or PS3? Thinking about getting it but if its no good for online gaming then i wont bother.

Thanks for any help

13 Comments

who sells PAYG internet? ive never seen it, plus i assume its expensive.

Original Poster

You get those PAYG things from o2 etc

PAYG internet as in mobile broadband??? If so these are useless for online gaming.
    Edited by: "deathtrap3000" 12th Oct 2010

Mobile dongles?

deathtrap3000

PAYG internet as it mobile broadband??? If so these are useless for … PAYG internet as it mobile broadband??? If so these are useless for online gaming.

Yep

Original Poster

thats the one's i mean, in what way are they not good, just not fast enough?

Linzilou81

thats the one's i mean, in what way are they not good, just not fast … thats the one's i mean, in what way are they not good, just not fast enough?

the speed is fine, but the latency is terrible. You will end up ruining other peoples games if you play on the 3g networks.

Original Poster

lol i meant mobile broadband!! I have no idea what latency means haha im rubbish! I'll look into getting normal internet then! Was thinking mobile because i dont have a home phone line in my house, so thought mobile broadband would be the best option

No way it will work, I think you can still get internet with some companies without a telephone line so best explore this option.

Original Poster

Thank you for the help, will research further and come back with even more silly questions!

noooooooooooo, apart from issues above, you will go waaaay over your monthly data usage, online gaming used GB data per month (depending how much of a gamer you are)

depends wher u liv..many companies offer payg services.i took a 3 contract which was 15 quid a month.after bargaining brought it down to 7.5 quid a month for 5gb data allowance.its ok for checking ur mails,facebook,downloading some clips etc etc.da speed s not tat great but then its payg..try BT.call them up they will install a phone line for free provided U take a contract with them.

Linzilou81

Thank you for the help, will research further and come back with even … Thank you for the help, will research further and come back with even more silly questions!

hey where abouts are you from? ill give you a hand..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532118
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions