Groups

PAYG sim help please

Hello, i'm looking to get my son a cheap mobile phone. Mainly just to call him to tell him dinners ready etc when his at his friends and him maybe sending the odd text to me.

So does anyone know what network has the cheapest payg rates please?

Thank you

8 Comments

hey have a look here hotukdeals.com/dea…612
    also shop around on the site have many cheap fones/deals

GiffGaff are good, so are Tesco Mobile as they double your top-up which would be quite use-full.

Regards,farhad.

the best i found was asda mobile payg 8p a minute 4p a text tesco give you extra call time but it only lasts a month

Original Poster

ninegt

the best i found was asda mobile payg 8p a minute 4p a text tesco give … the best i found was asda mobile payg 8p a minute 4p a text tesco give you extra call time but it only lasts a month

the asda one looks really great thanks

tesco are doing £10 pm 300 minutes, 3000 texts 1gb data allowance, a £20 gift card and 1000 clubcard points, I recently got the £10 500 minutes, unlimited texts unlimited internet (500mb) but that has finished now

If you've got Virgin at home, broadband, phone or TV how about a Virgin "Simply 8p" sim :

* 8p a minute calls, 8p texts, to any UK network, any time
    * 16p a minute international calls, 16p international texts
    * 50 free minutes a month to other Virgin Mobile phones (when you are in credit)
    * Unlimited calls from your Virgin home phone to your Virgin Mobile phone

This is payg so no contract, if you give Virgin a call they'll probably send you a sim free. You might even be able to blag a free phone, I did
    Edited by: "BeeKeeper" 9th Feb 2011

Original Poster

scottydont

tesco are doing £10 pm 300 minutes, 3000 texts 1gb data allowance, a £20 g … tesco are doing £10 pm 300 minutes, 3000 texts 1gb data allowance, a £20 gift card and 1000 clubcard points, I recently got the £10 500 minutes, unlimited texts unlimited internet (500mb) but that has finished now

Thank you but i don't think he will need anywhere that amount of usage, i'm only planning on letting him have the phone when his out on the weekends, just so i can call him home.
    BeeKeeper

If you've got Virgin at home, broadband, phone or TV how about a Virgin … If you've got Virgin at home, broadband, phone or TV how about a Virgin "Simply 8p" sim :* 8p a minute calls, 8p texts, to any UK network, any time* 16p a minute international calls, 16p international texts* 50 free minutes a month to other Virgin Mobile phones (when you are in credit)* Unlimited calls from your Virgin home phone to your Virgin Mobile phoneThis is payg so no contract, if you give Virgin a call they'll probably send you a sim free. You might even be able to blag a free phone, I did

That could be ok but they take the money via direct debit don't they? i would rather top it up so he can't go a set amount of money.

BeeKeeper

If you've got Virgin at home, broadband, phone or TV how about a Virgin … If you've got Virgin at home, broadband, phone or TV how about a Virgin "Simply 8p" sim :* 8p a minute calls, 8p texts, to any UK network, any time* 16p a minute international calls, 16p international texts* 50 free minutes a month to other Virgin Mobile phones (when you are in credit)* Unlimited calls from your Virgin home phone to your Virgin Mobile phoneThis is payg so no contract, if you give Virgin a call they'll probably send you a sim free. You might even be able to blag a free phone, I did

leilahfun

That could be ok but they take the money via direct debit don't they? i … That could be ok but they take the money via direct debit don't they? i would rather top it up so he can't go a set amount of money.

No it's "pay as you go" - just buy a £ 5 top up as you need it.
    I only toped mine up once, & just make use of the 50 free Virgin to Virgin minutes each month.
    You can call it free rom your Virgin home phone
    Edited by: "BeeKeeper" 10th Feb 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions