Groups

PAYG sim with free data every month

hi there
    I'm looking for a payg sim that offers around 100-200mb of data to use in a phone (not a tablet).
    my spare phone will be used as a sat nav (Waze).
    freedom pop offers this kind of a deal but that data is only for WhatsApp (unless I'm wrong).

any suggestions?
    thanks

19 Comments

freedom pop

The FreedomPop data can be used for any data related applications, just be careful you don't go over the limit, it's expensive! "Free plans = 1.5p/mb (£5/333mb)"

Three - 200MB free each month.
    FreedomPop - 200MB every month+200MB from introducing 20 friends+500MB friends who wants to share.

3 network payg offers 200mb free every month and no app to install to get it to work

Why not use one of the apps like Navfree which downloads the maps and doesn't use data

Google maps allows offline map download

wayners

3 network payg offers 200mb free every month and no app to install to get … 3 network payg offers 200mb free every month and no app to install to get it to work

They do? Thought you only get 150mb when you top up.

Original Poster

mikey_d

Why not use one of the apps like Navfree which downloads the maps and … Why not use one of the apps like Navfree which downloads the maps and doesn't use data

nav free and any other nav app that has pre downloaded maps is useless to me, I need traffic updates.

wayners

3 network payg offers 200mb free every month and no app to install to get … 3 network payg offers 200mb free every month and no app to install to get it to work

isnt that mobile broadband only for tablets?

mikey_d

Why not use one of the apps like Navfree which downloads the maps and … Why not use one of the apps like Navfree which downloads the maps and doesn't use data

wayners

3 network payg offers 200mb free every month and no app to install to … 3 network payg offers 200mb free every month and no app to install to get it to work

Three SIM works in ANY device pal.

pothole

They do? Thought you only get 150mb when you top up.

​No. I run a 3 network sim in a old Samsung s3. I use as a sat nav. Google maps and podcast player. Never topped up

Provided you register the SIM at three.co.uk/fre…ata, you'll receive 200MB of data every month for absolutely nothing, and better yet, you don't even need to top it up to keep claiming that free allowance... Says here... google.co.uk/amp…im/

wayners

​No. I run a 3 network sim in a old Samsung s3. I use as a sat nav. G … ​No. I run a 3 network sim in a old Samsung s3. I use as a sat nav. Google maps and podcast player. Never topped up

How have you never topped up thou, sat nav would use 150mb in a hour for me.

Have a freedom pop to but unless you want calls and text don't bother. The app Is a nag. Keeps asking you to upgrade

What it costs.

Three-to-Three calls

3p / min

Texts to any UK mobile

2p / text

Mobile internet

Free allowance of 150MB with every top-up, then 1p / MB

Voice calls to other UK mobiles

3p / min

Voice calls to any UK landline

3p / min

UK video messages

40p

UK picture messages

40p

Calls to voicemail in the UK

3p / min

Edited by: "Daytrader" 2nd Feb

No never. Used for holidays down Devon and I find 200mb is enough for the week of Sat nav

Google maps uses less than 10 mbs per hour?

Original Poster

last month on waze Ive used 70mb...
    I've ordered three sim (it only states its for tablets) so will see.

didnt o2 used to give 200mb or something

mattsokolinski

last month on waze Ive used 70mb... I've ordered three sim (it only … last month on waze Ive used 70mb... I've ordered three sim (it only states its for tablets) so will see.didnt o2 used to give 200mb or something

​Well it's data only I guess. Still works in a phone. My mate runs one a as a second sim as his Chinese phone as it has no band 20 for 4g on 02. 3 network free sim works fine if need
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Phone "Upgrade"22
      2. I want some backless loafers for men11
      3. I am looking Ryman online discount code33
      4. Electricity69

See more discussions