Paying a cheque into Barclays bank, question!

Found 24th Sep 2009
If i pay a Barclays cheque from another, into my Barclays bank account, is it treat like cash and cleared straight away?

1. Misc
  2. Barclays
10 Comments

if it anything like my bank its 5 working days:roll: (natwest and lloyds)

if its a cheque from the same bank it clears faster

unless its not crossed no

No it's not classed as cash and takes the same time to clear
as a non Barclays cheque.
Unless you get a "bankers draft" ( crossed cheque ) from the bank or pay in cash it will
not cear straight away.
I do not know why or how urgently you need the money to clear but be careful with
Barclays because even if youpay cash/crossed cheque in after a certain time
it will not be cleared funds on your account until the next working day
( this used to be 15:30 i think )

Original Poster

Can only go and try, ive got a huge cheque burning a hole in my pocket and fancyed cheering myself up buying some crap Im sure i'm right though!...as always

Original Poster

simon012;6381356

No it's not classed as cash and takes the same time to clearas a non … No it's not classed as cash and takes the same time to clearas a non Barclays cheque

Poo will let you know.

Lulu'sMammy;6381359

Can only go and try, ive got a huge cheque burning a hole in my pocket … Can only go and try, ive got a huge cheque burning a hole in my pocket and fancyed cheering myself up buying some crap Im sure i'm right though!...as always

if you want it that bad cant you cash it at one of them cash converters they do charge a fee mind

ilovepink;6381370

if you want it that bad cant you cash it at one of them cash converters … if you want it that bad cant you cash it at one of them cash converters they do charge a fee mind

About 3.5%
as it's a "huge" cheque this could be LOADS of money

Original Poster

Was a £1000 gift from granny. I'm not desperate for it, i just went to our regular bank account and withdrew the money from there. But yeah it will be "ready" wednesday! Thanks guys

Hope you enjoy spending it hun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions