Posted 5th Jan 2022
Seeking advice on how to pay for an American stteaming service. Is it possible to get a online account that provides a card to a non USA resident?

I tried just using PayPal but it declined, presumably because it knows the card is not from the USA.

If it helps I'm trying to subscribe to Peacock to watch football.
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    It is less about the card, more about the IP address location. All streaming services have geographical restrictions on where they can be watched due to copyright or they have region wise pricing like Netflix. As others have suggested, a combination of a VPN and a fee free card like Revolut is required for most of them.
  2. Avatar
    There's a guide on how to pay for/watch Peackock from the UK at
    techadvisor.com/how…91/
    It's fairly recent so hopefully still ok.

On a related point, somebody on a forum has got Peacock via itunes on an AppleTV device
    In a nutshell, set up a US itunes account (without a US card payment added), download the peacock app while logged in, switch back to UK itunes account, and subscribe/pay using UK card. You can also buy US itunes credit from US amazon, which I believe can also be used to pay a subscription via the US itunes account on the AppleTV device. The latter method seems to be required for HBO Max, as a UK card won't work.
    avforums.com/thr…807

It looks like you'd still need VPN or SmartDNS to view Peacock after subscribing
  3. Avatar
    Sometimes revolut works for overseas purchases. Could try Google pay too... I have lots of weird and whacky subscriptions but know it can stop working eg I had issues with beinsports and switched to dazn.

Edit yeah and need a VPN to make it think you are there too. (edited)
  4. Avatar
    If it’s PL football your after S Sport Plus Turkey is much cheaper, currently £1.50 a month or £14 for the year. Does need a turkey VPN and I used a disposable Revolut card…for the tv shows, peacock is included with a sky sub
  5. Avatar
    Superman8009/01/2022 14:14

Does this have English commentary?

Sure does, all matches so far anyway…not the best but it’s English
  6. Avatar
    Bein Connect for UAE £9.85 (not the cheapest but works flawlessly) contains - champions league , fa cup , league cup, premier league (all matches including 3pm) . Most events have English commentary ,
    2 device limit , no casting due to vpn .
    I use Windscribe and signup was easy using starling
  7. Avatar
    I signed up after the free trial with PayPal, I’ve cancelled it since, not sure why yours wouldn’t complete 🤷🏼
  8. Avatar
    Author
    CrimsonSilver06/01/2022 07:43

If it’s PL football your after S Sport Plus Turkey is much cheaper, c …If it’s PL football your after S Sport Plus Turkey is much cheaper, currently £1.50 a month or £14 for the year. Does need a turkey VPN and I used a disposable Revolut card…for the tv shows, peacock is included with a sky sub

You recommend a good VPN for Turkey?

Superman8006/01/2022 17:47

I signed up after the free trial with PayPal, I’ve cancelled it since, not …I signed up after the free trial with PayPal, I’ve cancelled it since, not sure why yours wouldn’t complete 🤷🏼

I think maybe my VPN wasn't doing the business. (edited)
  9. Avatar
    I use PIA VPN…works a treat for me, no buffering for the 3pm kick offs either, just used it to sign up to HBO Max too and works well
  10. Avatar

If it’s PL football your after S Sport Plus Turkey is much cheaper, c …If it’s PL football your after S Sport Plus Turkey is much cheaper, currently £1.50 a month or £14 for the year. Does need a turkey VPN and I used a disposable Revolut card…for the tv shows, peacock is included with a sky sub

Does this have English commentary?
  11. Avatar
    _saeed_11/01/2022 04:41

Bein Connect for UAE £9.85 (not the cheapest but works flawlessly) …Bein Connect for UAE £9.85 (not the cheapest but works flawlessly) contains - champions league , fa cup , league cup, premier league (all matches including 3pm) . Most events have English commentary , 2 device limit , no casting due to vpn . I use Windscribe and signup was easy using starling

Is that a £10 a month or a year
    Any way to pay if I don't have starling or revolut?
  12. Avatar

They got an android tv app?
  13. Avatar
    helal9402/04/2022 14:00

They got an android tv app?

A fire stick one yes, you’ll need to download the APK file though, Google is your friend when doing this, it’s simply enough
  14. Avatar
    CrimsonSilver02/04/2022 15:47

A fire stick one yes, you’ll need to download the APK file though, Google i …A fire stick one yes, you’ll need to download the APK file though, Google is your friend when doing this, it’s simply enough

Thanks. May check it out
  15. Avatar
    re hbo max, i tried this as of today via moldova, romania, argentina and netherlands, got all the way up until making payment via revolut/curve/starling and disposable cards but getting an error when clicking subscribe / pay via google play saying that my purchase cannot be completed. have tried everything to get it working via various vpns and clearing cache etc. it just doesn't accept payment. any help would be great.
    US iTunes account and US iTunes credit.
Top Merchants