Groups

Paying for fine on credit card

I recieved a fine was wondering if I pay the fine on my credit card will it count as a purchase as i have 20 months interest free purchase or will it count as cash advance?

Thank You

14 Comments

Quote:
    Bill payments. Many credit card providers classify some or all bill payments as cash advance transactions. Depending on the provider, this could include government charges such as ATO payments, utility payments and some BPAY payments. Check with your issuer and the business you're paying to find out when

Check with your card company. I wouldn't take the risk .

its not a cash withdrawal . do they take visa ? that will do nicely

Original Poster

orphanbug

its not a cash withdrawal . do they take visa ? that will do nicely

They do but i dont have that kind of money at the moment

Most government sites (eg car tax) add 2.5% for credit card payments , wouldn't know if its the same with fines .

Always pay i fine in the smallest installments they will accept.

What type of fine is it?

You should be able to pay it in installments.

No. Will be treated as cash payment I think. You could call your credit card provider and ask.

I used credit card for council tax payment. They charge me extra 2.5%

Original Poster

Its for NHS business Authority fine i was entitled to free dental treatment but got moved from over to hc3 which give me help. I challenged the fine and won so i dont have to pay the £100 just the cost of the treatment which is around £233.70.

123batman321

Always pay i fine in the smallest installments they will accept.

What's the point, your not 'sticking it to the man' your just wasting the time of a normal employee doing a job, they didn't fine you, they are just working away hoping for the weekend to arrive.

ibblackberry1

What's the point, your not 'sticking it to the man' your just wasting the … What's the point, your not 'sticking it to the man' your just wasting the time of a normal employee doing a job, they didn't fine you, they are just working away hoping for the weekend to arrive.

Isn't everyone waiting for the weekend lol. Dreading Monday. Happy Friday :P

phone them and ask

no it won't count as a cash advance, and yes it will be fine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      3. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22
      4. Win a VIP West End break with VisitLondon33

See more discussions