Expired

paying in cheque at post office

Found 7th Aug 2013
Hi all

Without paying slip is this possible?

Google tells me the cheque will take a day longer to clear which is ok but my post office is a fair old trek and dont want a wasted journey

thanks in advance

(i have the bank card that relates to the account just no stationery)
Community Updates
AskOffice
7 Comments
Banned
so your bank is an even longer trek than the post office?

all depends on your bank

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-banking-services#withdrawals_&_deposits

give them a ring

0845 611 2970

Edited by: "csiman" 7th Aug 2013
Original Poster
Yes csi

my bank is now co op who dont have any branches within 50 miles

Not usually a problem as dont have cheques usually!
Original Poster
thanks for that link

It says i can pay in cheques but i was just assuming you may need a pre paid slip which i dont have
Banned
jbarnsie

thanks for that linkIt says i can pay in cheques but i was just assuming … thanks for that linkIt says i can pay in cheques but i was just assuming you may need a pre paid slip which i dont have

I bank with Smile and the co-op. The PO give you a pre-printed envelope where you write the sc and acno on

I would expect the same for co-op seeing as they are the same bank - check your cheque book for paying in slips or just order some online

You do need paying in slips for co-op:-

Post Office
For cash deposits simply hand over your cash card (Debit or ATM) and the cash you want to deposit. The funds will then be credited to your account immediately, as long as the cash is paid in before the Post Office's cut off time (times may vary, please ask your local Post Office for their cut of time).
For cheque deposits you will need to have a Co-operative Bank cheque deposit envelope for use at the Post Office. These can be ordered via our Internet Banking service or by calling our customer contact centre on 08448 44 88 44^. Your Post Office may also have an emergency supply - please check with the cashier.
You must use a personalised Co-operative Bank credit slip from the back of your cheque book or paying in book. The credit slip should be placed in the envelope along with the cheque(s). The envelope should be handed to the Post Office cashier who will date stamp the envelope and provide a dated receipt of the number of envelopes deposited. The envelope will then be sent to us for subsequent processing, checking and validation. Please allow up to 3 working days for the credit to appear on your account. Once the credit appears the normal Cheque Clearance Cycle will apply.

Edited by: "csiman" 7th Aug 2013
Original Poster
argh thanks csi saved me a trek

will have to hunt it out again sure i have it somewere

appreciate ur help
Banned
jbarnsie

argh thanks csi saved me a trekwill have to hunt it out again sure i have … argh thanks csi saved me a trekwill have to hunt it out again sure i have it somewereappreciate ur help

check your cheque book for paying in slips or just order some online

they arrive next day in my experience.....
Original Poster
thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants