Paying off brighthouse with a credit card.

Found 10th Aug
Hi.

If I got a 0% purchase credit card, can I use it to pay off a brighthouse balance? or would they not allow it?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
You can't normally pay credit with credit.

I guess you could do a cash transfer deal, where for a certain % they would transfer money to your bank and with that you could then pay the balance as it's just as cash
Depends how much you owe and have outstanding. As you could be paying back an extortionate amount not counting any payments already made..

Might be an idea to just to give them the item back and owe them nothing, cut your losses on what you have paid so far and buy it new for quarter of their price at another retailer using your 0% card between those 2 costs bet you are still saving money

Also you need to request settlement offer as pretty sure you should get reductions depending on what you have paid and how long is left on your current terms.

Also think bob24601 is correct, you will need to use cash advance and doubtful they will give 0% on that deal.

Also without seeing Bright house terms, sure with HP after you have made say 1/3rd of payments you can give back item without losing out financially. Not being quoted on that but sure that exists, but something like that exists because you dont actually legally own items till last payment made
Edited by: "charleaward81" 10th Aug
charleaward8110th Aug

Depends how much you owe and have outstanding. As you could be paying …Depends how much you owe and have outstanding. As you could be paying back an extortionate amount not counting any payments already made..Might be an idea to just to give them the item back and owe them nothing, cut your losses on what you have paid so far and buy it new for quarter of their price at another retailer using your 0% card between those 2 costs bet you are still saving moneyAlso you need to request settlement offer as pretty sure you should get reductions depending on what you have paid and how long is left on your current terms.

Thanks. It's for a relative and he got a (stupidly expensive!) Xbox one X bundle that came with a fair few games (which he sold) but still has £700+ to pay on it....
ArcAndPie4 m ago

Thanks. It's for a relative and he got a (stupidly expensive!) Xbox one X …Thanks. It's for a relative and he got a (stupidly expensive!) Xbox one X bundle that came with a fair few games (which he sold) but still has £700+ to pay on it....

WOW

try getting paperwork out, read small print but there is a way to forfit Agreement and surrender goods. Based on that outstanding balance you would easily get one for half that. You might lose out on whats already been paid but the savings you make now, you can call it a lesson learnt.
charleaward811 m ago

WOWtry getting paperwork out, read small print but there is a way to …WOWtry getting paperwork out, read small print but there is a way to forfit Agreement and surrender goods. Based on that outstanding balance you would easily get one for half that. You might lose out on whats already been paid but the savings you make now, you can call it a lesson learnt.

Indeed, but as mentioned he sold the games that came with it .. so we would have to buy them again lol, annoying but might be the best thing to do
Just googled this and according to CAB its half the payments.

citizensadvice.org.uk/deb…le/

Might be worth a bit of googling and checking relatives paperwork but definitely don't try getting into more debt paying off a balance like that it will end in a ever consuming viscous circle.

We don't touch credit, been there done that a decade ago but not good getting further credit to pay high amount of rip off credit off on what was essentially another ripped off brighthouse customer.

Just think, clearing that £700+ balance on another CC, if you dont clear that new balance before 0% is up you may end up with worlds most expensive console
ArcAndPie18 m ago

Indeed, but as mentioned he sold the games that came with it .. so we …Indeed, but as mentioned he sold the games that came with it .. so we would have to buy them again lol, annoying but might be the best thing to do

You need to write to them explaining you want to surrender and terminate your agreement due to financial obligations. If you can prove that payments weren't really affordable at time you have some legal backing and they cant refuse and that you are finding it difficult to make payments now, they should explain everything and any figures etc in their reply. They may lie but their terms mean diddly squat against the law, you dont have to pay all of it only some

You might have to rebuy games as its full bundle to return but no doubt most of them will be really cheap now 2nd hand.

Use the 0% card is you must on sites like music magpie or amazon, get a decent 2nd hand unit with some from of warranty from reputable merchant or check out amazon warehouse you can easily get one much cheaper than new at least more manageable repayments. Just not game as their prices not far from brighthouses
Don't ever shop at bright house or perfect Home, even if you struggle.
Ive been a brighthouse customer for over 10 years, and never once had an issue. Ive had some bargains from there. Always go for “quality refurbished” i got a ps4 pro for £140 cash price.
almerican fridge freezer £216 or somrthing stupid like that. Soundbar £10. Ps3 bundle few years ago £80.

They brought out new terms last year. As above you can give the product back. Cut your losses.

I wold never get anything new from brighthouse. Interest on consoles, tvs is 99%

you can pay by credit card on items.
Caroline_199348 s ago

Ive been a brighthouse customer for over 10 years, and never once had an …Ive been a brighthouse customer for over 10 years, and never once had an issue. Ive had some bargains from there. Always go for “quality refurbished” i got a ps4 pro for £140 cash price. almerican fridge freezer £216 or somrthing stupid like that. Soundbar £10. Ps3 bundle few years ago £80. They brought out new terms last year. As above you can give the product back. Cut your losses. I wold never get anything new from brighthouse. Interest on consoles, tvs is 99%you can pay by credit card on items.

I can use a credit card to pay off brighthouse ?
ArcAndPie1 h, 6 m ago

as above, look for a credit card which offers money transfers. MBNA and Tesco both do it and routinely offer 0%

looks like your best option if you cant/dont want to surrender the goods.
Caroline_199319 h, 32 m ago

Ive been a brighthouse customer for over 10 years, and never once had an …Ive been a brighthouse customer for over 10 years, and never once had an issue. Ive had some bargains from there. Always go for “quality refurbished” i got a ps4 pro for £140 cash price. almerican fridge freezer £216 or somrthing stupid like that. Soundbar £10. Ps3 bundle few years ago £80. They brought out new terms last year. As above you can give the product back. Cut your losses. I wold never get anything new from brighthouse. Interest on consoles, tvs is 99%you can pay by credit card on items.

Pretty nice.

How often do they get new stuff in, daily I guess? Seen any good deals on sofas or other furnatire?
ArcAndPie10th Aug

Are you getting a credit card and paying off a relatives debt and they pay your credit card bill or is the original buyer getting the credit card ? Just curious as i cant see how someone who needed to shop at brighthouse for a 700+ xbox is going to get accepted for any credit card let alone 0%
Caroline_199310th Aug

Id never in a million years tell anyone to go to brighthouse, but if you got a refurbished ps4 pro for £140 thats just a crazy deal, why would someone who looks to exploit people who cant get credit then sell you a ps4 pro for far less than its worth ? It dosnt make sense You could sell a used ps4 pro for over 250 all day long. Very strange
brighthouse.co.uk/gam…414

Up to £845 for a PS4 with two old games. That place is a nightmare.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions