Groups

Paying on trade by paypal gift

hey,
    im thinking of buying something off here via paypal gift. They havent sold anything here before so I am ofc being cautious.

if i pay by paypal gift can i still do a chargeback in case i dont receive the item?

i didnt think i could but i received some money on here via paypal gift and it says this on the email:

Please be aware that your payment can still be reversed, (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have posted the item to your buyer. Complying with PayPal's protection programmes and following the trading guidelines, in our Security Centre helps to protect you from things like chargebacks.

THANKS!

13 Comments

no yuou will need to send it with the fee

if the seller has no feedback and its for more than a few quid then I would be cautious tbh.

Ask him to send first? You've been scammed before right the K810i how did that go?

Original Poster

Met-Cast;6614698

Ask him to send first? You've been scammed before right the K810i how did … Ask him to send first? You've been scammed before right the K810i how did that go?

not very well lol didnt get phone or money back , i havent got much f/b either so i dont see why he would post to me first

deeppockets;6614727

not very well lol didnt get phone or money back , i havent got much f/b … not very well lol didnt get phone or money back , i havent got much f/b either so i dont see why he would post to me first

Because he has NO feedback and you had the decency to post first to someone else? Report to the mods and leave a big fat neg! I've been scammed of £75 on here too so now i'm always careful and ask people to send first if they have low feedback.

whats the amount??

Original Poster

barky;6614808

whats the amount??

£38

deeppockets;6614906

£38

I would offer half up front and if they dont accept walk away

Banned

if you feel uncomfortable then do not deal, never is anything good enough worth risking if you feel you not going to get it

Original Poster

ill see if they split it if not then ill probably pay extra for the fee

Banned

deeppockets;6615024

ill see if they split it if not then ill probably pay extra for the fee

you get nothing extra by paing the fees if they intend ripping you off they will clear their paypal account of their funds, paypal can only return what they can retrieve from the seller, so account emptied means no refund, it isnt like ebay

Original Poster

sassie;6615055

you get nothing extra by paing the fees if they intend ripping you off … you get nothing extra by paing the fees if they intend ripping you off they will clear their paypal account of their funds, paypal can only return what they can retrieve from the seller, so account emptied means no refund, it isnt like ebay

huh didnt know that , ty for letting me know

Banned

deeppockets;6615079

huh didnt know that , ty for letting me know

if you feel uncomfortable about the sale, then maybe its best to follow your feelings, nothing is that good a buy to loose ya money over
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA77
      2. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.33
      3. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed22
      4. Ditched Sky33

See more discussions