Groups

Payment via Paypal?

I am selling something on here and the person would like to pay via PayPal, how do I go about it?

Cheers guys,
    Tom

6 Comments

paypal.co.uk

Register for a paypal account, it will ask you to link your account with an mail address.

Give that email address to the buyer and he will wire you the monies.

Where have you been for the last 7 years???

Yep, open an account at paypal.co.uk, it's pretty easy and self explanatory to set up.
    Paypal gift payments are fee-free to receive, but standard payments incur a charge.
    You should try and go through the verification process and get a confirmed paypal account as then it makes you look more legitimate.

Original Poster

Well, I'm only 18, so have always used Mums PayPal, but think that now I'm all grown up I should get my own :).
    Why would you bother going for a standard payment then if you can just do a gift payment for free?

Cheers

Gift offers the gifter no protection so is open to abuse by scamers.

Scenario

I buy an ipod from you, i pay you £80 Paypal gift, there are no fees involved and therefore paypal will not want to know when it goes wrong. You run away with my money.

Scenario 2
    I buy an ipod from you and pay £80 with fees (about a fiver) if you dont delivery my ipod i can go back to paypal and claim my money back. Because i paid the fees paypal cares.

Its in the buyers favour to pay with with gift as it sounds more attract to the seller.

1. I'll give you £80 with no fees
    2. I'll give you £80 but paypal will take £5 in fees

Hope that explains a little

Banned

Starr

Gift offers the gifter no protection so is open to abuse by … Gift offers the gifter no protection so is open to abuse by scamers.ScenarioI buy an ipod from you, i pay you £80 Paypal gift, there are no fees involved and therefore paypal will not want to know when it goes wrong. You run away with my money.Scenario 2I buy an ipod from you and pay £80 with fees (about a fiver) if you dont delivery my ipod i can go back to paypal and claim my money back. Because i paid the fees paypal cares.Its in the buyers favour to pay with with gift as it sounds more attract to the seller.1. I'll give you £80 with no fees2. I'll give you £80 but paypal will take £5 in feesHope that explains a little

Or be safe and pay the seller £80 + paypal fees. Personally I would rather pay an extra £3 or so and be protected unless I was 100% sure of the person I was buying from.

Id say anything above £20 is worth paying the fees
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32172
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1631
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764357
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846230

See more discussions