Payments To Revolut account reverted.

Posted 25th Jun 2020Edited by:"donkeydavid"
Hi, I've just set up a disposable Revolut card, so that I can buy items from the Turkish PlayStation store.
However when I try to deposit money into the account, whether that be through Balance Transfer or Debit Card, the payments don't go through, keeps coming back as reverted.
Getting in contact with them seems impossible, so hoping someone here can help.
Here's hoping!
Thanks

"Your deposit was reverted due to compliance reasons as we're unable to accept deposits by transfer from certain sources. This includes some cryptocurrency exchanges, certain countries, banks and entities"
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Have you verified the account? They have a decent chat function just ask the question and they will eventually reply back. You shouldn’t have to keep it open on the chat.
I opened revolut account last week, had same issue. What I did was got the revolut account and sort code and when straight into my barclays app and set it as new payee and deposited £10 as trial then after 1 hr received text from revolut then deposited more which took second the following times. Hope that help
If I recall correctly, you need to deposit into the parent account, not the disposable one. After you have verified your account and made the initial deposit.
manur11425/06/2020 11:35

I opened revolut account last week, had same issue. What I did was got the …I opened revolut account last week, had same issue. What I did was got the revolut account and sort code and when straight into my barclays app and set it as new payee and deposited £10 as trial then after 1 hr received text from revolut then deposited more which took second the following times. Hope that help

Thanks, tried that earlier, too, but no joy.
It's because when you set up a new card they generally send a test transaction that gets returned. The test transaction will then destroy your temp card.....possibly
Edited by: "Maverick77" 26th Jun
What bank are you using to top up the card, NatWest works fine after they send a code to your phone. Apple Pay and also bank transfer are instant so I’m not sure why it’s not letting you, the temp card will still be active if they do a test charge it’s only when they take an amount out that’s when the details change
41211126-y3hfS.jpg
dimelow200626/06/2020 08:27

What bank are you using to top up the card, NatWest works fine after they …What bank are you using to top up the card, NatWest works fine after they send a code to your phone. Apple Pay and also bank transfer are instant so I’m not sure why it’s not letting you, the temp card will still be active if they do a test charge it’s only when they take an amount out that’s when the details change [Image]

I've tried Halifax and Nationwide.
So just to make sure I'm doing this right, on the Homepage of the Revolut App its showing £0, Underneath it says add money, and underneath that it shows my failed payments to my account. So to deposit into my account I click on add money, then choose the option as to how I want to load the card ie balance transfer, online banking etc.
On my cards page it is showing the physical card that is coming through the post, and my virtual card.
Just checked my online banking, and all my payments to Revolut came out, but have been refunded back in.
After finally getting through to an agent on live chat, they have sorted the problem, not that I know what it was! Thanks everyone for taking time out to help me, appreciated.
Is Revolt the way to pay for Turkish Netflix?
Post a comment
@
    Text