Groups

paypal

sorry to sound stupid, but if you have a refund from a seller on ebay does it automatically go back into your bank, or does it stay in paypal until you withdraw it or use it, many thanks xxxxx

24 Comments

I think it stays in paypal

Original Poster

munnski;5909653

I think it stays in paypal

oh buggar, thanks munnski xxx

hello, it will stay in paypal until you withdraw it - if it is a refund from an ebayer it should go into your ebay account straight away then you can forward it to your bank which normally takes 5 working days.

Original Poster

juliesbargains;5909665

hello, it will stay in paypal until you withdraw it - if it is a refund … hello, it will stay in paypal until you withdraw it - if it is a refund from an ebayer it should go into your ebay account straight away then you can forward it to your bank which normally takes 5 working days.

thanks hun, do they charge to do this, as i know with paypal it doesn't charge to wothdraw over £50 xxx

If the amount is under £50 paypal will still charge you to withdraw it, if it's over then its free

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5909681

It depends if a BT it will usually stay in the pp account if you paid by … It depends if a BT it will usually stay in the pp account if you paid by cc it will go back to the card in more cases than not, as soon as it hits the pp account.

it was debit card, so i was wondering when i buy something else off ebay would it come off the paypal balance instead of my card ??? xxx :oops:

If the refund had cleared in your paypal account then you can use it to pay for ebay items, it will come off that rather than your card xx

Original Poster

munnski;5909725

If the refund had cleared in your paypal account then you can use it to … If the refund had cleared in your paypal account then you can use it to pay for ebay items, it will come off that rather than your card xx

brill thats what i hoped as i need to buy a replacement of what got refunded xxx

hello, yes you are better off leaving it in there if under £50 and just use it when you need it - paypal just automatically use your balance to pay for goods then when it is slightly more than what you have in paypal they take the difference from your card as normal and any ebay seller fees you might have. unless you need it urgently in your bank which would not get there until probably next thursday or friday i would leave it there til you need it lots of shops online take paypal now have a look on their site i know boots take paypal:roll: hope this helps babe love julie xxx

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5909741

It should go straight back onto your card then has the refund gone … It should go straight back onto your card then has the refund gone through yet?

i checked paypal and its saying refunded and my paypal balance is 0, checked my bank and not showing anything yet but will check again tomorrow xxx

Original Poster

juliesbargains;5909744

hello, yes you are better off leaving it in there if under £50 and just … hello, yes you are better off leaving it in there if under £50 and just use it when you need it - paypal just automatically use your balance to pay for goods then when it is slightly more than what you have in paypal they take the difference from your card as normal and any ebay seller fees you might have. unless you need it urgently in your bank which would not get there until probably next thursday or friday i would leave it there til you need it lots of shops online take paypal now have a look on their site i know boots take paypal:roll: hope this helps babe love julie xxx

thanks hun xxxxx

tinkerbell28;5909746

^This if it has not gone back on and is sat on your account.

ok thanks hun xxxxx

i thought paypal only transferred the money back onto credit cards if it is a refund - i have learnt something there i know bank transfer you have to withdraw but did not know that debit card was done automatically! sorry for the wrong information! probably wont show on bank yet though

Banned

If I have money in paypal and it is under £50 and I don't want to spend it.

I usually top it up to £50 from my bank account.

Then I withdraw it when it has cleared.

Original Poster

juliesbargains;5909762

i thought paypal only transferred the money back onto credit cards if it … i thought paypal only transferred the money back onto credit cards if it is a refund - i have learnt something there i know bank transfer you have to withdraw but did not know that debit card was done automatically! sorry for the wrong information! probably wont show on bank yet though

it's no probs, thanks for your help hun xxxxx :thumbsup:

Original Poster

DLM;5909775

If I have money in paypal and it is under £50 and I don't want to spend … If I have money in paypal and it is under £50 and I don't want to spend it.I usually top it up to £50 from my bank account.Then I withdraw it when it has cleared.

good thinking hun xxx

Banned

Angelstar;5909783

good thinking hun xxx

I never leave money in paypal for long.

I like it in my bank account then I am getting the interest x x

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;5909788

It's gone back onto your card then like it usually does it will take 3-5 … It's gone back onto your card then like it usually does it will take 3-5 days to show at the bank, go into your transactions you will see it's been paid back onto the card:thumbsup:

thanks will check it out xxx
    DLM;5909789

I never leave money in paypal for long.I like it in my bank account then … I never leave money in paypal for long.I like it in my bank account then I am getting the interest x x

lol interest on my account is rubbish xxx

Banned

Angelstar;5909810

thanks will check it out xxxlol interest on my account is rubbish xxx

Mine is too but I like my money in 1 place x x

Original Poster

DLM;5909817

Mine is too but I like my money in 1 place x x

yes and me mainly in my purse spending it to my hubbies dissapointment :w00t: lol

As far as i understood. If you originally paid via paypal from your paypal balance it will get refunded directly into there. However if you paid for it via a card through paypal the refund will go back on the card but that will take 3-5 days.

I also thought not that paypal withdrawels under £50 were alsoe free?

Banned

Angelstar;5909828

yes and me mainly in my purse spending it to my hubbies dissapointment … yes and me mainly in my purse spending it to my hubbies dissapointment :w00t: lol

Aw, I'm off to bed now, catch you soon x x

Original Poster

superskilly;5909836

As far as i understood. If you originally paid via paypal from your … As far as i understood. If you originally paid via paypal from your paypal balance it will get refunded directly into there. However if you paid for it via a card through paypal the refund will go back on the card but that will take 3-5 days.I also thought not that paypal withdrawels under £50 were alsoe free?

i thought it was the other way around, my bad, sorry hun thanks for your help though xxxxx

DLM;5909838

Aw, I'm off to bed now, catch you soon x x

ok night hun take care xxxxx :thumbsup:

superskilly;5909836

I also thought not that paypal withdrawels under £50 were alsoe free?

They are. You used to get charged for all withdrawals under £50 but you don't anymore. However, the minimum amount you can withdraw is £6.

Original Poster

thanks everyone for all your help xxx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764397
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1830
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO712
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1011

See more discussions