PayPal 62226

Posted 18th Nov
Just had a text after making a purchase on eBay and the text read did you pay such an amount to such a person and reply 1 for yes or 2 for no

all the details are correct

is it genuine?
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Yes had this happen to me before they're not asking for details so should be fine either way
deals6918/11/2019 21:59

Yes had this happen to me before they're not asking for details so should …Yes had this happen to me before they're not asking for details so should be fine either way

Thank god for that because I replied yes

Read online that it's a scam so started to worry
efc_4ever18/11/2019 22:01

Thank god for that because I replied yesRead online that it's a scam so …Thank god for that because I replied yesRead online that it's a scam so started to worry

Ahh ok I see. Was probably a high value purchase that's why they asked?
Before I respond I would want to see where PP states I gave permission for PP to ask me to confirm transaction-related details via text message, and have PP confirm the source ID of any such messages.
I've had it before and phoned them to verify.
AL1S0N18/11/2019 22:06

I've had it before and phoned them to verify.

Was it genuine?
AL1S0N18/11/2019 22:08

Yeah

Ok that's reassuring because I've got all my credit card details on PayPal. I just changed my password incase as a backup
Yes it's genuine, I have had texts like this.
Paypal normally use your name so you know its from them.
googley218/11/2019 23:32

Paypal normally use your name so you know its from them.

No mention of my name. It had the correct amount for the purchase I made and even the name of the company
62226 is the number that sends me the two step verification codes.

I’ve also had 2 of these transaction messages from this number, it’s usually over £100 spend on when not fulfilled by Amazon. (Both refurbished electricals)
Edited by: "winzzz" 19th Nov
So after replying with 1 for yes I received another text this morning

PayPal: Sorry. Texting is no longer supported for sending and requesting money. Please use the PayPal app or your PayPal account on the website. Thanks.
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 19th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions