Groups

paypal

Banned
    hi need some advice sold a phone to a mate of a mate he told me to send a payment request through paypal which i did have sent the phone of sd he has signed for it now he has done a claim from paypal ,now our transaction said nothing about me selling anything to him ,can paypal claim the money back? thanks

16 Comments

Nice friend

Is it not the same as selling goods, ie ebay.. where by you give your S.D details and Paypal uses that to consider in the claim? You said he/she signed for it etc.

Banned

whats the claim.....not as described?

more info

I would speak to your friend before relying on Paypal to help you out.

if it was a transaction for a sale outside ebay, as long as you provide tracking you should be ok
    Edited by: "khy86" 8th Apr 2011

Not unless he claims he did not authorise the payment, which your friend would surely back you up on.

It's hard for claims to go through outside of eBay.

Josh

Banned

khy86

if it was a transaction for a sale, as long as you provide tracking you … if it was a transaction for a sale, as long as you provide tracking you should be ok

what if they claim its damaged, how is trcking/signature gonna help?

Original Poster Banned

he has just said item not recieved on paypal claim ,i thought they could only do that through ebay,i know hes just trying it on thanks for your answers

Banned

r3tract

Not unless he claims he did not authorise the payment, which your friend … Not unless he claims he did not authorise the payment, which your friend would surely back you up on.It's hard for claims to go through outside of eBay.Josh

for that scenario theyll only need to prove its been posted

casparwhite

what if they claim its damaged, how is trcking/signature gonna help?

to what i know transactions outside ebay are very strict, they will always take the sellers side unless tracking is not provided.

Unless things have changed that im not aware of

Banned

khy86

to what i know transactions outside ebay are very strict, they will … to what i know transactions outside ebay are very strict, they will always take the sellers side unless tracking is not provided.Unless things have changed that im not aware of

you assumed it was item not recd before that info was available.......was what i was getting at

It still covers damaged items aswell, unauthorised transactions are difficult for the buyer to prove if it has gone to their home address and they have signed for it. Its only when its gone to unconfirmed addresses, it gets difficult

OP if you provide tracking you should be ok

Banned

chloe081

he has just said item not recieved on paypal claim ,i thought they could … he has just said item not recieved on paypal claim ,i thought they could only do that through ebay,i know hes just trying it on thanks for your answers

Just provide tracking info, as long as the royal mail site shows it delivered you will be ok

in b4 sedd33 gives totally wrong advice

chloe081

he has just said item not recieved on paypal claim ,i thought they could … he has just said item not recieved on paypal claim ,i thought they could only do that through ebay,i know hes just trying it on thanks for your answers

If it's item not received, you are absolutely fine if you still have the tracking info

Josh

join the karate club and when you get the black belt,tell him its payback time now.but please do wear a bullet proof vest then.

OP did you post to the buyer paypal Address ?
    Call your m8 & ask him what's going on as he should know & tell your m8 to give you his m8's number.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2250
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047123
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?1217
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767296

See more discussions