Groups

PayPal Age Issue

I am new to HUKD and I was looking into buying/selling on this website. The only problem, I don't have a PayPal due to the age restriction(i'm only 16). Is there any other way I can pay/recieve money?

19 Comments

paypal dont check your age. As long as you have a debit card you can open an account

Banned

yeah, lie about your age, it works for other members. or you could ask to use your parents paypal account

sassie;6536395

yeah, lie about your age, it works for other members. or you could ask to … yeah, lie about your age, it works for other members. or you could ask to use your parents paypal account

ive had an account since i was 13, but then i had to use my mums card until i got my own:thumbsup:

Is there any other way I can pay/recieve money?

Pay into a bank account over the counter.

Original Poster

What will happen if an account is reported to have a user under the age of the restricted age?

Banned

Orbi;6536470

What will happen if someone reports me for breaking the age restriction?

how will they know, well apart from the obvious you have now advertised the fact

why can you not use your parents?

I don't have a paypal account either. I always pay and receive by Bank Transfer. Do you have internet banking?

yh lie about the age.

Orbi;6536470

What will happen if an account is reported to have a user under the age … What will happen if an account is reported to have a user under the age of the restricted age?

On HUKD. Nothing.

Original Poster

sassie;6536476

how will they know, well apart from the obvious you have now advertised … how will they know, well apart from the obvious you have now advertised the factwhy can you not use your parents?

My parents wont let me use there bank account details.

Daffodil;6536481

I don't have a paypal account either. I always pay and receive by Bank … I don't have a paypal account either. I always pay and receive by Bank Transfer. Do you have internet banking?

Is this where you can check your 'balance' online?

Banned

Orbi;6536528

My parents wont let me use there bank account details.Is this where you … My parents wont let me use there bank account details.Is this where you can check your 'balance' online?

i meant use their payal account to receive payments, not their bank account, they dont have to give you any details other than the name for someone to pay, they can check payments received and withdraw the money for you

Original Poster

sassie;6536570

i meant use their payal account to receive payments, not their bank … i meant use their payal account to receive payments, not their bank account

My parents haven't got a PayPal account.

sassie;6536570

i meant use their payal account to receive payments, not their bank … i meant use their payal account to receive payments, not their bank account, they dont have to give you any details other than the name for someone to pay, they can check payments received and withdraw the money for you

He never said they have one?

Banned

thesaint;6536583

He never said they have one?

but they can legally have one, he cant, so surely it makes sense for them to get one, rather than the op get one

Yea just lie about you're age & if you don't have a debit card use one of those prepaid ones

Original Poster

sassie;6536587

but they can legally have one, he cant, so surely it makes sense for them … but they can legally have one, he cant, so surely it makes sense for them to get one, rather than the op get one

If I can get away with having a PayPal account personally, I will. It's less hassle than making/using my parents.

Is this where you can check your 'balance' online?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can set up personal payments and also receive them. You just need to give the buyer your sort code and account number (not the long card number on the front of your card). Do you have your own bank account? If so, talk to your bank, or look online to find out more about Bank transfers :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Yes. You can set up personal payments and also receive them. You just … Yes. You can set up personal payments and also receive them. You just need to give the buyer your sort code and account number (not the long card number on the front of your card). Do you have your own bank account? If so, talk to your bank, or look online to find out more about Bank transfers :thumbsup:

Yes, I do have my own bank account and I will look into the transfering of money through accounts.

I never use Paypal dont like it anyway think its daft, when you get cheques, BT, postal orders etc. no need for paypal i have never used it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only22
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card11
      3. computer active mag comp - win one of two y-cam protect alarm systems worth…44
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578

See more discussions