PayPal alternative

Posted 9th Feb
Hi guys
Long story short, I'm locked out of PayPal.
I know there are lots of good money transfer platforms.
However, are there any that offer buyer protection and act as intermediaries if the seller decides to be less than honest?
Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Unfortunately, none that have the broad acceptance of PayPal. I am not sure if Adyen will offer an equivalent service when eBay starts rolling it out.
bozo00709/02/2020 16:46

Unfortunately, none that have the broad acceptance of PayPal. I am not …Unfortunately, none that have the broad acceptance of PayPal. I am not sure if Adyen will offer an equivalent service when eBay starts rolling it out.

Thanks for the reply.
Just need it for one transaction.
Any provider will do provided it gives buyer protection.
Why are you locked out of PayPal?
Cos I registered for the service when I was under 18. Now I'm banned for life.
Mubeen_Ahmed09/02/2020 17:17

Cos I registered for the service when I was under 18. Now I'm banned for …Cos I registered for the service when I was under 18. Now I'm banned for life.

Wow they havent found me out yet
So I need a PayPal equivalent for a one time transaction.
One that offers buyer protection.
Any recommendations?
Just create another account .. simples ..
Will somebody please suggest a PayPal alternative with buyer protection.
If it was simple as creating another account I would have 5 by now.
Thanks
A friend or relative that has PayPal.
Best way I can think of.
Thanks for all the comments.
Does Adyen offer decent buyer protection?
Any other notable ones with good buyer protection?
Mubeen_Ahmed09/02/2020 17:29

Will somebody please suggest a PayPal alternative with buyer protection.If …Will somebody please suggest a PayPal alternative with buyer protection.If it was simple as creating another account I would have 5 by now.Thanks

And then you would be banned in your next life as you can only have 1 account
Does this particular seller (if the only one you want to purchase from) offer cheque/postal order payments. If not stated you could always contact them before you commit to ordering the item.
Mubeen_Ahmed09/02/2020 17:29

Will somebody please suggest a PayPal alternative with buyer protection.If …Will somebody please suggest a PayPal alternative with buyer protection.If it was simple as creating another account I would have 5 by now.Thanks

I’ve got three PayPal accounts. You’re doing it wrong
Edited by: "HankHandsome" 9th Feb
HankHandsome09/02/2020 20:20

I’ve got three PayPal accounts. You’re doing it wrong

i have one paypal account but paypal claims i have two! they won't tell me where the other one is though.
If over a £100 use a credit card, you will have protection...
I have a couple of PayPal accounts, just make another...
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 9th Feb
Thanks guys.
Those with multiple PayPal accounts....
I take it you also have multiple cards? PayPal won't let you add the same card to two different accounts.
I’ve been in your boat OP, I found running PayPal and discussing the situation, quickly resolved things! They should take just as much responsibility, there was checks they should have made and didn’t!

I had the very same issue resolved by creating a new account and then adding all my years of (trust, as they call it) all my notes, etc was transferred over!
Cashapp?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants