Groups

Paypal alternative? Moneybookers is the way forward...

I had a few quid to send over to Africa last month, and instead of using Paypal, and bank transfer, I was directed to moneybookers. I had heard of them before, but never used them...
    I must say, after topping up, and verifying my account, and sending money, I have found it very easy to use, and currently free to send and receive money!

8 Comments

hows the protection?
    edit: im guessing its good, but just wondering what you can do if something goes wrong.

Original Poster

The full bifta! as far as I can see...FSA regulated, secure site etc. I have only used it the once, but it worked a treat and went through no problem. Also no fees (bar the 49p to make a deposit) but might be free to use your credit card...

Banned

Sounds good mate. I absolutely despise paypal, their protection is beyond a joke!

yazoo24;4953767

Sounds good mate. I absolutely despise paypal, their protection is beyond … Sounds good mate. I absolutely despise paypal, their protection is beyond a joke!

Agree, but if your an ebayer you have no choice at all:x, but sounds good for non ebay transactions, just wish Google would pull their fingers out and take a punt with Google Auctions, then maybe ebay and paypal will do something about their terrible fees and policies

sounds promising, but pp and ebay are currently monopolising the situation. Without a huge market boost for them, im not so sure if it will catch on.

Artonox;4953863

sounds promising, but pp and ebay are currently monopolising the … sounds promising, but pp and ebay are currently monopolising the situation. Without a huge market boost for them, im not so sure if it will catch on.

Its sad to say that i think it may be to late, especially with ebay, im a small powerseller with over 2200 feedback all positive, tried to advertise on ebid (supposed to be the 2nd biggest on the UK) have been on there for over 2 months and not sold a thing!!, sell between 100-150 items a month on ebay, begrudge paying the fees but what can you do,

Had a huge shock as i went to Australia for 4 months last year, put my ebay shop on Holiday settings, when i came back the fees had almost doubled

Ive used monyebookers for about 4 years, its ok as far as what ive used it for but as a buyer it took forever to get set up
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416145
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846221
      3. I've got 2 for 1 codes to use at Thorpe Park/Sea Life, Yeoken vouchers, The…34
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831227

See more discussions