Groups

paypal are a pain in the ass

Paypal are a bunch of *******

I have a little story to tell. I sold a phone on ebay, and me being naive I sent it as a standard parcel. . . . 21 days later I was wondering when the buyer would leave me my positive feedback, so I messaged them. They messaged me back saying they totally forgot about the phone as they went on holiday, and that they never received it.

I reluctantly had to cough up as paypal threatened to get the bailiffs invloved. Well, there was a big negative sign on my account for a while

What really annoys me is that crooks can open a paypal account, con people into sending money, and then close their account straight away but not before transferring the money into their bank account. Paypal will NOT refund/ compensate you anything at all

Why don't paypal just prevent people closing their account for a period of 14days if there's any transaction activities in their account :thinking:

One more thing, I read somewhere that paypal are owned by ebay? If that's the case then it doesn't seem fair how ebay take a percentage of your final value fee and on top of that paypal take a percentage of your final value fee + POSTAGE cost

25 Comments

In these circumstances, Paypal will ask you for proof of postage (i.e. recorded or special delivery) so always send expensive items via this method. They need you to prove that you posted the item.

Original Poster

markwills

In these circumstances, Paypal will ask you for proof of postage (i.e. … In these circumstances, Paypal will ask you for proof of postage (i.e. recorded or special delivery) so always send expensive items via this method. They need you to prove that you posted the item.

I was naive at the time. I know better now though :thumbsup:

My argument at the time was that the transaction happened on ebay, where I stated the item would be sent as a standard parcel. Also, the buyer never contacted me to let me know they never received their item.

Paypal didn't care and I got stuffed basically :-(

Thanks for re-posting this. :thumbsup:

dreamer181

Paypal are a bunch of *******I have a little story to tell. I sold a … Paypal are a bunch of *******I have a little story to tell. I sold a phone on ebay, and me being naive I sent it as a standard parcel. . . .

Don't blame Paypal, you messed up by not sending the Mobile by a 'trackable service. When you signed up to use Paypal you ticked the box saying that you agree to abide by their User Agreement. You should have read it.

dreamer181

I reluctantly had to cough up as paypal threatened to get the bailiffs … I reluctantly had to cough up as paypal threatened to get the bailiffs invloved. Well, there was a big negative sign on my account for a while

You did owe Paypal that money because the buyer did not receive the Mobile, or at least you can't prove 'online' that he did.
    This takes a while, the Bailiffs (NCA Debt Collecting Services) won't just knock on your door.

dreamer181

What really annoys me is that crooks can open a paypal account, con … What really annoys me is that crooks can open a paypal account, con people into sending money, and then close their account straight away but not before transferring the money into their bank account. Paypal will NOT refund/ compensate you anything at all

You cannot close your account for 180 days after giving notice.
    Paypal will refund/compensate you if the item had Paypals buyer protection, as in the case of your buyer.
    Why should Paypal 'hold your hand', you have the 'tools' on the Internet to check out sellers before you part with any money.
    You also have your Credit Card Company to 'fall' back on if you have been scammed and it's over £100.00

dreamer181

Why don't paypal just prevent people closing their account for a period … Why don't paypal just prevent people closing their account for a period of 14days if there's any transaction activities in their account :thinking:

As mentioned above, it's 180 days.

dreamer181

One more thing, I read somewhere that paypal are owned by ebay? If that's … One more thing, I read somewhere that paypal are owned by ebay? If that's the case then it doesn't seem fair how ebay take a percentage of your final value fee and on top of that paypal take a percentage of your final value fee + POSTAGE cost

That's correct, Ebay own Paypal, but they are two separate Companies.
    Ebay charge you for listing an item and a FVF when you sell it. You do not have to accept Paypal. BACS is free along with Postal Orders and a Cheque. Paypal are charging you for a service. I've looked into setting up a Protx account and it's not cheap.

dreamer181

I was naive at the time. I know better now though :thumbsup: My argument … I was naive at the time. I know better now though :thumbsup: My argument at the time was that the transaction happened on ebay, where I stated the item would be sent as a standard parcel. Also, the buyer never contacted me to let me know they never received their item.Paypal didn't care and I got stuffed basically :-(

You admitted that you was naive, it was not Paypals fault that you did not use the correct Postal Service. If you had this should not/would not have happened.
    If you used a 'trackable' service you could ;check' yourself to see if it had been delivered.
    How does the buyer know that you posted it?
    You will be able to claim from the Royal Mail. Pick up a P58 or phone 08457 740740. There is no reason why you should be out of pocket if you have the PoP.

my guess is you tempted a thief by broadcasting the fact you were sending it standard parcel. but atleast you've learned your lesson. ebay is quite confusing when you first start out. takes a while to get the hang of it all.

[url]www.paypalsucks.com[/url]!

muffin247

]www.paypalsucks.com!

If you believe that, then I guess you don't use Paypal.:whistling:

u saying that site is fake?

have used paypal and been done over exactly described on that site

friends mine accounts been froze

also got scammed on ebay £50+

paypal did jack **** and let the seller walk away freely

muffin247

u saying that site is fake?have used paypal and been done over exactly … u saying that site is fake?have used paypal and been done over exactly described on that sitefriends mine accounts been froze also got scammed on ebay £50+paypal did jack **** and let the seller walk away freely:)

No, it's not a fake site, but it is mainly American.
    If you follow the UA you should not have a problem. Paypal does not just come along and decide to freeze an account for no reason.
    Only posting this helps who? Why didn't you mention what happened?
    I'm not defending Paypal or ebay, but if the item has Seller protection or Buyer Protection you should not have a problem.
    If you look at the seller and or buyers history properly you should not have a problem.

i understand but there is also a uk subforum for it
    im never gonna trust paypal again

my friend sent me money,then i sent it to my bank

they froze the account, made it negative and demanded i pay back what i converted to my bank i mean wtf?

now i get calling card from ''peter brown'' saying he was gonna call tuesday 9am-9pm which everyone who owes money to paypal gets LOL

i waited all day and guess what? nobody showed

they also phone u and demand u pay them back but my landline number is not in use anymore

muffin247

i understand but there is also a uk subforum for itim never gonna trust … i understand but there is also a uk subforum for itim never gonna trust paypal againmy friend sent me money,then i sent it to my bankthey froze the account, made it negative and demanded i pay back what i converted to my bank i mean wtf?now i get calling card from ''peter brown'' saying he was gonna call tuesday 9am-9pm which everyone who owes money to paypal gets LOLi waited all day and guess what? nobody showedthey also phone u and demand u pay them back but my landline number is not in use anymore

Sounds like they think fraud is involed. Did your 'friend' use your computer to transfer the money?
    Have you spoken to Paypal on the phone?
    Has your 'friend' been refunded by Paypal? If not, how can you owe Paypal?

I take it this has now been passed on to the NCA? Have you spoken to them?

yes my friend did use my pc as he was at my home at the time

aint had no contact at all from paypal except the payment reminders via email and the calling card

i think its NCO instead of NCA

my account and my friends have both been froze

Hi Muffin. My brother is going through a similar situation at the moment aswell. It's so frustrating & paypal are so unhelpful! I hope your situation gets sorted out. Ours will probably go all the way to court.

I'm pleased to say I have never (touch wood) had any problems with paypal or ebay and I obtain a certificate of postage even if I'm only sending a DVD. More expensive items I always send recorded even if states standard delivery on listing description, I then contact buyer and let them know it has been upgraded.

I had an idea this would be the case:-
    dinosteveus

Sounds like they think fraud is involved. Did your 'friend' use your … Sounds like they think fraud is involved. Did your 'friend' use your computer to transfer the money?

It is a fraud/security issue. If your 'friend' had done the 'transfer' on his own computer this would not have been a problem.
    You both should have contacted Paypal when your accounts had been frozen and explained that he had used your computer to access his Paypal account.
    I'm guessing the money is still in your 'friends' account.

Imagine you are a scammer and you managed to access somebody else's Paypal account on your computer and transferred money from their account to yours. This stops that kind of scammer, or at least it should.

muffin247

yes my friend did use my PC as he was at my home at the timeain't had no … yes my friend did use my PC as he was at my home at the timeain't had no contact at all from paypal except the payment reminders via email and the calling cardi think its NCO instead of NCAmy account and my friends have both been froze

You and your 'friend' need to contact Paypal, ignoring this will not make it go away.

As I said earlier, there is an explanation for most things that Paypal do. They are not out to 'scam' or 'rob' you.

Banned

A response from paypal, spotted on another forum:

This guy is a total dreamer!

We have a tiny tale to tell. This guy sold a phone on ebay, you know our big friends - the auction site. He was obviously totally naive! He sent the phone as a standard parcel - or so he says! 21 days later his buyer leaves him a positive feedback on ebay - christ (as we remember you this season) we wouldn't! So everything was hunky dory, right? Wrong! He says his buyer emailed him saying he had been on holiday and completely forgot about the phone!

We held his money whilst we tried to investigate, the investigation was a long winded process that meant us eating lots of cakes and drinking lots of coffee - we even lost one of our eldest most loved colleagues, Jack. It was terrible he ate so much cake, without brushing his teeth and plaque grew thick on his teeth. He got heart disease and had a heart attack in the office. The cleaner found him 8 days later. It was most upsetting.

But, what really annoys us is that people accuse us of letting crooks open a paypal account. You people must be stupid, we are the crooks!

Then other people think we really have buyer and seller protection - HA!

We were thinking of making the accounts only closeable if the account has been used for transactions for atleast 14 days. But then we saw a dog trying to mate with a cat and got distracted.

On a final note, I think it is great. Paypal and Ebay are connected! We get the fees from ebay and paypal. Life is great.

An interesting look on the situation.

check this out then i sold an item for £30 on ebay and they paid by paypal 9 months later they took the money from my account saying was paid for by fraudlant funds even though the lady gave me positive feedback and emailed me many of time saying she was pleased with item they said unless i could provide the tracking info i wouldnt get my money back (after 9 months who saves all this info after they leave good feedback??) of course i lost my money women gets a freebie item i dont have leg to stand on!!

angelfacexx

check this out then i sold an item for £30 on ebay and they paid by … check this out then i sold an item for £30 on ebay and they paid by paypal 9 months later they took the money from my account saying was paid for by fraudlant funds even though the lady gave me positive feedback and emailed me many of time saying she was pleased with item they said unless i could provide the tracking info i wouldnt get my money back (after 9 months who saves all this info after they leave good feedback??) of course i lost my money women gets a freebie item i dont have leg to stand on!!

Note to self:

Save all tracking info for any paypal transactions. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

LOL...

I could be a total b*stard and look for sellers on ebay who send item unrecorded, but I believe in karma. I hope all them people pulling scams get whats coming to them one day :x

JDeal

A response from paypal, spotted on another forum:This guy is a total … A response from paypal, spotted on another forum:This guy is a total dreamer!We have a tiny tale to tell. This guy sold a phone on ebay, you know our big friends - the auction site. He was obviously totally naive! He sent the phone as a standard parcel - or so he says! 21 days later his buyer leaves him a positive feedback on ebay - christ (as we remember you this season) we wouldn't! So everything was hunky dory, right? Wrong! He says his buyer emailed him saying he had been on holiday and completely forgot about the phone!We held his money whilst we tried to investigate, the investigation was a long winded process that meant us eating lots of cakes and drinking lots of coffee - we even lost one of our eldest most loved colleagues, Jack. It was terrible he ate so much cake, without brushing his teeth and plaque grew thick on his teeth. He got heart disease and had a heart attack in the office. The cleaner found him 8 days later. It was most upsetting. But, what really annoys us is that people accuse us of letting crooks open a paypal account. You people must be stupid, we are the crooks! Then other people think we really have buyer and seller protection - HA!We were thinking of making the accounts only closeable if the account has been used for transactions for atleast 14 days. But then we saw a dog trying to mate with a cat and got distracted. On a final note, I think it is great. Paypal and Ebay are connected! We get the fees from ebay and paypal. Life is great. An interesting look on the situation.

Original Poster

In the eyes of paypal the case is black & white... you can't provide a tracking number then you're stuffed :-(

There needs to be an alternative to paypal that buyers are willing to use :thinking:

angelfacexx

check this out then i sold an item for £30 on ebay and they paid by … check this out then i sold an item for £30 on ebay and they paid by paypal 9 months later they took the money from my account saying was paid for by fraudlant funds even though the lady gave me positive feedback and emailed me many of time saying she was pleased with item they said unless i could provide the tracking info i wouldnt get my money back (after 9 months who saves all this info after they leave good feedback??) of course i lost my money women gets a freebie item i dont have leg to stand on!!

Original Poster

I couldn't risk Mr Brown knocking on my door so I reluctantly coughed up.

Maybe what happened was my fault because I didn't use recorded delivery, but come on now who forgets about a brand new £150 phone and doesn't contact the seller :thinking:

I got skanked :x

muffin247

i understand but there is also a uk subforum for itim never gonna trust … i understand but there is also a uk subforum for itim never gonna trust paypal againmy friend sent me money,then i sent it to my bankthey froze the account, made it negative and demanded i pay back what i converted to my bank i mean wtf?now i get calling card from ''peter brown'' saying he was gonna call tuesday 9am-9pm which everyone who owes money to paypal gets LOLi waited all day and guess what? nobody showedthey also phone u and demand u pay them back but my landline number is not in use anymore

whats the deal with all the 'friend' talk? lol.

dreamer181

LOL...I could be a total b*stard and look for sellers on ebay who send … LOL...I could be a total b*stard and look for sellers on ebay who send item unrecorded, but I believe in karma. I hope all them people pulling scams get whats coming to them one day :x

This is a well talked about topic on the Power Seller Forum. Most sellers claim from the Royal Mail, but since the RM changed the way they compensate for 'lost' items, it's the sellers that lose out.
    Paypal also have a 'fraud' dept, so if you make a 'lot' of claims 'alarms bells' will ring.

angelfacexx

This is way out of order, I've heard about it happen before.
    I would send a letter to the buyer threatening legal proceedings if you do not get refunded.

Quote:Originally Posted by dreamer181I was naive at the time. I know … Quote:Originally Posted by dreamer181I was naive at the time. I know better now though My argument at the time was that the transaction happened on ebay, where I stated the item would be sent as a standard parcel. Also, the buyer never contacted me to let me know they never received their item.Paypal didn't care and I got stuffed basically

Ehmmm Blame Yourself Then Mate, You Might Want To Record Delivery Next Time!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214
      2. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11
      3. word association Game73944481
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1422

See more discussions