Expired

PayPal case - Please help me

Found 13th Nov 2017
I sold a pushchair on eBay on 24th Sept. Buyer arranged her own courier. Arrived fine and she left feedback. Nearly 4 weeks later I received a message from her saying she’s changed her mind, I refused to accept return, she opened case as eBay said it was a remorse refund. 3 days later she opened a PayPal case saying it’s not as described, that’s its damaged etc, completely made up! After lots of hassle with PayPal, they authorised her return. It arrived back, not packaged properly and it’s obviously been used for the nearly 6 weeks she had it! Wheels covered in mud, scratches to frame. Buyer admitted she bought it to take on holiday but then backtracked saying she didn’t take it as they didn’t like it. After phoning PayPal they closed case, refunded her and have escalated claim. I’ve received an email from PayPal stating they need proof of the damage from an independent retailer plus how much it will cost to repair. I have no idea how to resolve, I obviously have the before photos and the pushchair back now but I feel completely cheated. I’ve given up with eBay and PayPal from now on. I’ve contacted a number of pushchair repair companies plus Mothercare etc but they all require £20+ or have refused. Someone please help me. Really don’t need £180 removed from my account at this time of the year. Any help appreciated... Will attach a pic of how it arrived back to me, I’ve messaged buyer with pics etc and obviously ignored!
2827080.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deeky5 m ago

You should have it now, can you just confirm in here please speedy?

Deeky has put it straight in my PayPal & it made me cry, in a good way! Shocked xxxx
deeky17 m ago

Another nice donation from daffers - thank you mum

I’m lost for words, I genuinely can’t believe people are being so kind
The generosity in here is overwhelming. Good going guys and girls.
Absolute scumbag. My heart goes out to you.

The mind boggles how eBay and Paypal can do this to people. I despise them.

The only thing I can think of is that if it happened to me and eBay took the money back, I would seriously consider looking into taking them to the small claims court. I'm certain that if it actually got as far as court that it would be decided in your favour.

A quick look shows that it's entirely possible.
Edited by: "deeky" 13th Nov 2017
172 Comments
What a scum bag. Name and shame so we can block!
Absolute scumbag. My heart goes out to you.

The mind boggles how eBay and Paypal can do this to people. I despise them.

The only thing I can think of is that if it happened to me and eBay took the money back, I would seriously consider looking into taking them to the small claims court. I'm certain that if it actually got as far as court that it would be decided in your favour.

A quick look shows that it's entirely possible.
Edited by: "deeky" 13th Nov 2017
That's terrible. Can you try and call ebay? Or Paypal of both? I can't believe how she sent it back either wow. @OneGloveOnTheFence said it correct, scumbag.
If you can find find a way out of losing your money You could pay the £20 to get damage valued and send them the info.
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 13th Nov 2017
LeahsMintytoutou2 m ago

That's terrible. Can you try and call ebay? Or Paypal of both? I can't …That's terrible. Can you try and call ebay? Or Paypal of both? I can't believe how she sent it back either wow. @OneGloveOnTheFence said it correct, scumbag. If you can find find a way out of losing your money I would pay the £20 to get damage valued

I'll go halves. Maybe we can get it down to quarters
deeky3 m ago

I'd be happy to help
deeky4 m ago

Oops I better change that before it's a contract
LeahsMintytoutou1 m ago

Oops I better change that before it's a contract

I feel so angry and it's not even my money
Just out of curiosity..What method did they use to send it back to you? Was it tracked?
That would make me really angry, it's a shame that eBay instantly believe the buyer. They don't use common sense. Baring small claims court there is little you can do really. You could have loads of junk mail sent to there address etc.
Op, what do you mean - 'eBay said it was a remorse refund'? I would have thought that buyer's remorse would be the last reason they would authorise a refund?
deeky2 m ago

I feel so angry and it's not even my money

I know I don't know how these kind of people sleep at night. I know ebay side with the buyer too often but WOW it's unbelievable they have allowed her the money back after the time she has had it and she left feedback. It's disgusting
LeahsMintytoutou11 m ago

That's terrible. Can you try and call ebay? Or Paypal of both? I can't …That's terrible. Can you try and call ebay? Or Paypal of both? I can't believe how she sent it back either wow. @OneGloveOnTheFence said it correct, scumbag. If you can find find a way out of losing your money You could pay the £20 to get damage valued and send them the info.

I’ve called both several times and the advisors are helpful but ‘have to follow procedure’ - The problem is only I know what it was like before, obviously have the original photos but not sure what else I can do. I was only selling to raise some Xmas funds and it’s just left me feeling so upset, no even angry, just gobsmacked this can happen and must happen everyday
That’s disgusting. I feel angry just looking at that pic. You have 2 options really. Pay the £180 and move on and hope this never happens again or you can try and fight it for an extra £20 you have to pay. I think they will get their money back whatever happens and PayPal might refund you for damages and repair. If it was new aswell I doubt they can repair it to a new condition either, that would involved cleaning the mud aswell as assessing damage and repairs. For an extra £20 I’d try and claw some money back but don’t count on the full amount. This is one of the reasons I only advertise as cash on collection for expensive items. Sorry for your stresses
deeky3 m ago

Op, what do you mean - 'eBay said it was a remorse refund'? I would have …Op, what do you mean - 'eBay said it was a remorse refund'? I would have thought that buyer's remorse would be the last reason they would authorise a refund?

Ebay awarded in my favour after reading the first message saying she’s changed her mind then subsequent messages from her starting making up damage. After phoning ebay they said classic remorse refund and closed in my favour then the PayPal case opened
OneGloveOnTheFence5 m ago

Just out of curiosity..What method did they use to send it back to you? …Just out of curiosity..What method did they use to send it back to you? Was it tracked?

She used my Hermes both times
speedy38693 m ago

I’ve called both several times and the advisors are helpful but ‘have to fo …I’ve called both several times and the advisors are helpful but ‘have to follow procedure’ - The problem is only I know what it was like before, obviously have the original photos but not sure what else I can do. I was only selling to raise some Xmas funds and it’s just left me feeling so upset, no even angry, just gobsmacked this can happen and must happen everyday

Is there any resale value now?. Could you recoup some money by selling it somewhere else?. Even though you shouldn't have to.
LeahsMintytoutou4 m ago

I know I don't know how these kind of people sleep at night. I know ebay …I know I don't know how these kind of people sleep at night. I know ebay side with the buyer too often but WOW it's unbelievable they have allowed her the money back after the time she has had it and she left feedback. It's disgusting

I agree. Leaving positive feedback should instantly end the 45 day returns window.
Sod it. Let's all chip in a tenner ??
.MUFC.1 m ago

Is there any resale value now?. Could you recoup some money by selling it …Is there any resale value now?. Could you recoup some money by selling it somewhere else?. Even though you shouldn't have to.

Yes will try and resell maybe on gumtree but price will be a lot lower
OneGloveOnTheFence1 m ago

Sod it. Let's all chip in a tenner ??

I'd be happy to do that and I'd be happy to give my PP email via pm to anyone who wanted to contribute. I like to think I'd be trusted to collect the money.
deeky3 m ago

I'd be happy to do that and I'd be happy to give my PP email via pm to …I'd be happy to do that and I'd be happy to give my PP email via pm to anyone who wanted to contribute. I like to think I'd be trusted to collect the money.

I can contribute £5 if you want via PayPal gift. Pm me pp email.
speedy38697 m ago

Ebay awarded in my favour after reading the first message saying she’s c …Ebay awarded in my favour after reading the first message saying she’s changed her mind then subsequent messages from her starting making up damage. After phoning ebay they said classic remorse refund and closed in my favour then the PayPal case opened

I thought you could only open up one case?

Either with ebay or PayPal but NOT both?
Edited by: "karlypants" 13th Nov 2017
.MUFC.55 s ago

I can contribute £5 if you want via PayPal gift. Pm me pp email.

Let's see how much interest there is first. No point if only a couple are prepared to put up.
deeky3 m ago

Let's see how much interest there is first. No point if only a couple are …Let's see how much interest there is first. No point if only a couple are prepared to put up.

Good idea, I'd stretch to £10 if I could but going away in a week for a few days and Xmas etc.
Come on hukkers! let's get the Ops Christmas back on track
.MUFC.2 m ago

Good idea, I'd stretch to £10 if I could but going away in a week for a …Good idea, I'd stretch to £10 if I could but going away in a week for a few days and Xmas etc.

Don't worry mate, every little helps
deeky5 m ago

Don't worry mate, every little helps

Now I feel awful, I'm bloody skint. I would chip in if I had spare money but I have none. Well I could do a few quid if that would help
OneGloveOnTheFence7 m ago

Come on hukkers! let's get the Ops Christmas back on track

You lot are making me cry;(
Ok, we've got pledges up to £27.50 including Leah's £2.50
Any more for any more?
If someone can explain how to send £5 to Deeky so that he can organise "The Help Fund" count me in. I have a paypal account account with credit card attached if that helps

Just need simple instructions when the GO is given
deeky2 m ago

Ok, we've got pledges up to £27.50 including Leah's £2.50 Any more for …Ok, we've got pledges up to £27.50 including Leah's £2.50 Any more for any more?

Something in misc might get us going?
OneGloveOnTheFence2 m ago

Something in misc might get us going?

I've just reported the thread and asked them to move it to misc. Hopefully they will, although I'm not sure they're keen on charitable threads, even though the OP hasn't asked for anything.
Thanks Mod for moving it to misc.
Few PMs sent out
philphil619 m ago

If someone can explain how to send £5 to Deeky so that he can organise …If someone can explain how to send £5 to Deeky so that he can organise "The Help Fund" count me in. I have a paypal account account with credit card attached if that helpsJust need simple instructions when the GO is given

deeky8 m ago

Few PMs sent out

You should get notification .................hopefully
philphil614 m ago

You should get notification .................hopefully

Cheers phil, got it. That's £35 in t'kitty already.

If we reach the target, maybe the OP could sell the buggy and if they get anything for it (are you a he or a she, OP? :D) they could maybe give it to charity or maybe buy a prize to contribute to a certain xmas competition that may be looming soon
How do I send the money please? I've logged in to PayPal and the money is in my bank account
LeahsMintytoutou3 m ago

How do I send the money please? I've logged in to PayPal and the money is …How do I send the money please? I've logged in to PayPal and the money is in my bank account

Hope I'm not treading on toes here but Deeky will message you with his email and instructions
LeahsMintytoutou3 m ago

How do I send the money please? I've logged in to PayPal and the money is …How do I send the money please? I've logged in to PayPal and the money is in my bank account

Click 'summary' at the top, then select 'send money to friends or family'.

32428464-9HOsx.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants