Groups

paypal charges

im sending someone some money over paypal but i click "gift" and it says there is a charge of £1.22. I thought that by paying via gift it takes away the charges?

Thanks

11 Comments

They've changed it - if youre paying from a card you'll have to pay charges. If youre paying via a paypal balance or you've linked your bank account to it you wont.

Are you paying with a Paypal balance, or with it linked to your bank account? I'm guessing you are paying with it linked to your Debit / Credit Card, in which case, it charges you a transaction fee...

It's only free if you have funds available

I've made quite a few Paypal payments using gift and all were free until this week when I made two payments on the same day, and I was charged for the second payment.
    My account is linked to my bank account.
    Strange.

i swear ive just done it and didnt get charged??

oh bug*ger, bollards and bum.. i didnt know you could avoid charges by paying from your bank account.. I've always paid from my credit card.. everyday is a schoolday

My payment was from my current account

sab;3503578

My payment was from my current account

Exactly... if you have paypal linked to your bank account, there are no charges... if you have paypal linked to your debit/credit card, they charge you the transaction fee :thumbsup:

KERMITZBITZ;3503474

oh bug*ger, bollards and bum.. i didnt know you could avoid charges by … oh bug*ger, bollards and bum.. i didnt know you could avoid charges by paying from your bank account.. I've always paid from my credit card.. everyday is a schoolday

You have to realise, you don't get any paypal protection ( for what that is worth ) using this method.

hodsey77;3503597

Exactly... if you have paypal linked to your bank account, there are no … Exactly... if you have paypal linked to your bank account, there are no charges... if you have paypal linked to your debit/credit card, they charge you the transaction fee :thumbsup:

Doesn't always appear to be true.
    I've no idea why.

Jumpingphil;3503609

Doesn't always appear to be true.I've no idea why.

True for everyone else ;-)

Not sure why you were charged for that second payment :?

Contact Paypal :thumbsup:

This is from the Paypal website:

Paypal

It's free when you use your PayPal balance or your bank account linked to … It's free when you use your PayPal balance or your bank account linked to your PayPal account. There is a charge of 3.4% + £0.20 GBPfor debit or credit card payments(either the sender or recipient can pay this fee).

I just tried it and realised that if the payment is under 25 then its free but over 25 you get charged a fees!!! So I did a transfer of 5*25 = 125... and no charge!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick22

See more discussions