Groups

PayPal charging me a £14 charge back fee?

So I sold a game on eBay. I checked the address (I do most of the time) and the post code didn't match the address. I tired to contact the buyer with no reply. A few days later eBay contact me saying that the buyer didn't authorise this purchase. PayPal then contact me & I said to refund them. Then they email my saying that they are charging me a £14 charge back fee. Surely this doesn't mean that I'm getting charged £14 on top of the refund. That's a joke.

The seller was new to eBay & has now changed their username.

11 Comments

Sadly ebay don't care about sellers anymore. Buyers can basically steel your item AND get their money back under their buyers guarantee.

It's why I don't use ebay to sell anymore. Plenty of other free sites to use

Just ring PayPal and explain what's happened and they will waive the charge back fee as it wasn't your fault.

simonhawking

Sadly ebay don't care about sellers anymore. Buyers can basically steel … Sadly ebay don't care about sellers anymore. Buyers can basically steel your item AND get their money back under their buyers guarantee. It's why I don't use ebay to sell anymore. Plenty of other free sites to use

Or if they're really clever they may even "steal" it lol

contact ur bank and tell them it's unauthorised. they will have to refund you and then block ur paypal direct debit. don't tell the bank the story just say you have no idea what it's about.

Original Poster

Yes I'm going have to contact PayPal. Doesn't show up in my PayPal activity. Seems really sneaky. Same thing happened a year ago but I thought it was a scam email so I deleted it. Complete joke.

brendanhickey

contact ur bank and tell them it's unauthorised. they will have to refund … contact ur bank and tell them it's unauthorised. they will have to refund you and then block ur paypal direct debit. don't tell the bank the story just say you have no idea what it's about.

I'm pretty sure you're advocating fraud there, which is illegal.

chris88

Yes I'm going have to contact PayPal. Doesn't show up in my PayPal … Yes I'm going have to contact PayPal. Doesn't show up in my PayPal activity. Seems really sneaky. Same thing happened a year ago but I thought it was a scam email so I deleted it. Complete joke.

​Are you sure it's a genuine email and not a scam? If it's not showing in your PayPal activity then don't worry

It has happened to me many times actually one only last week,
    we sent the item and after a couple of weeks we received chargeback- non authorised,
    ebay/paypal gave them full refund and charged me £14 for helping me deal with the matter!
    Let us know how you get on please

brendanhickey

contact ur bank and tell them it's unauthorised. they will have to refund … contact ur bank and tell them it's unauthorised. they will have to refund you and then block ur paypal direct debit. don't tell the bank the story just say you have no idea what it's about.

Swing and a miss.

OP, don't do this, just call PayPal.

Stendhal

I'm pretty sure you're advocating fraud there, which is illegal.

​fraud?

any luck op?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky11
      2. Iptv1227
      3. Hifi Speaker cable choice?46
      4. best place for fishing tackle?11

See more discussions