Expired

Paypal charging me fees on a Paypal Gift...

8 replies
Found 31st Dec 2009
I always thought gifts had no fee's attached? Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot below

8 Comments

Original Poster

if your paying via paypal gift you pay the fees not the person recieving it!

Also paying via paypal gift if somthing goes wrong im pretty sure your not covered..

Original Poster

CuteKitty26;7382041

if your paying via paypal gift you pay the fees not the person recieving … if your paying via paypal gift you pay the fees not the person recieving it! Also paying via paypal gift if somthing goes wrong im pretty sure your not covered..

I'm not bothered about cover, I've already received the item.

But I thought that PPG involved no fees at all, guess I was wrong :?

Are you paying via card, i.e is there not enough money in your paypal account. You are right there should be no fees on either side otherwise

Original Poster

MANJ_007;7382113

Are you paying via card, i.e is there not enough money in your paypal … Are you paying via card, i.e is there not enough money in your paypal account. You are right there should be no fees on either side otherwise

Yeah thats what it is actually :-(

oh well

if the money is in your account it is free, otherwise you pay a fee

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7382279

No you don't, I never keep money in my paypal account and paypal gift is … No you don't, I never keep money in my paypal account and paypal gift is free.You get charged depending on the amount, I was paying someone £45 and it wanted to charge me so I sent it as two transactions, one at £20 and one at £25 and neither have fees, so just split the payment.

thats clever :thumbsup:

dcx_badass;7382279

No you don't, I never keep money in my paypal account and paypal gift is … No you don't, I never keep money in my paypal account and paypal gift is free.You get charged depending on the amount, I was paying someone £45 and it wanted to charge me so I sent it as two transactions, one at £20 and one at £25 and neither have fees, so just split the payment.

Didnt know that - will keep it in mind. Cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is the best weight training app for iOS please?33
    2. heart rate monitor fitness watch59
    3. Best renewal with sky after last offer88
    4. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage11

See more discussions