Paypal confirmation text issue

Posted 10th Sep 2019
Hi, I need to reply to Paypal confirming a transaction, but I keep getting an error when replying as my mobile provider doesn't allow replies to short codes!

Will my purchase be cancelled if I can't confirm it? (It's an Argos order which is ready for collection now!)

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Had the text from PayPal to confirm payment recently for an order from clove technology, replied to the text no problem with virgin mobile
I would phone PayPal to confirm the order if still no luck sending the text
orig10/09/2019 22:29

I would phone PayPal to confirm the order if still no luck sending the text

They're closed at the moment. The order appears to be fine and ready for collection at Argos though.
First time that I received a text from PayPal to confirm my order so unsure about having to reply to the text, if PayPal payment is showing as paid to Argos I would collect tomorrow if possible sorry can't be more help
orig10/09/2019 22:46

First time that I received a text from PayPal to confirm my order so …First time that I received a text from PayPal to confirm my order so unsure about having to reply to the text, if PayPal payment is showing as paid to Argos I would collect tomorrow if possible sorry can't be more help

Ok thank you. Maybe it's just to prevent my account being frozen or something.
I've had this same text last time I made an Argos order over £100. I also couldn't reply for the same reason as you.
I contacted PayPal customer service and they informed me payment was already confirmed, that these texts are sent randomly sometimes, and that they wouldn't actually expect a response.
Weird stuff.
Carberry199410/09/2019 22:54

I've had this same text last time I made an Argos order over £100. I also …I've had this same text last time I made an Argos order over £100. I also couldn't reply for the same reason as you. I contacted PayPal customer service and they informed me payment was already confirmed, that these texts are sent randomly sometimes, and that they wouldn't actually expect a response.Weird stuff.

Ok great, so it shouldn't effect my order?
Are you with plusnet ?.

If so it’s an issue I’ve had.
cant use parking machines and I use PayPal a lot, that’s going to be a problem.
bigwheels10/09/2019 22:57

Are you with plusnet ?.If so it’s an issue I’ve had.cant use parking mac …Are you with plusnet ?.If so it’s an issue I’ve had.cant use parking machines and I use PayPal a lot, that’s going to be a problem.

Nope, Sky mobile. No issues until now.
Just seen this. On PayPal community.

Welcome to both of you If you are unable to respond to text messages you can log in to your PayPal account and report unauthorised payments on your PayPal account. To do this just go to the Resolution centre on your account. Sometimes you will get a notification when you log in to approve the payments so if you cannot respond to the text messages then I wouldn't worry too much.
deleted142888310/09/2019 22:55

Ok great, so it shouldn't effect my order?

It shouldn't do. It didn't have an effect on mine. Order was fine and money went out as it usually would.
You could contact customer service if concerned, but they'll probably say the same thing as they did to me.
Thanks everyone, will sleep easy now lol
I got charged 30p when I responded to one of these PayPal messages. I've ignored them ever since and the transactions have always completed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants