paypal cover if not buying off ebay ??

i want to buy something off someone they have said send paypal am i covered if it doesnt arrive like you are on ebay or if they dont send can i not claim ?
any help appreciated

11 Comments

Unless I'm mistaken not for Paypal Gift, but Paypal normal is covered but costs a tiny bit, could be worth it for piece of mind of a large item.

if you pay by credit card your covered by credit card company, if debit card and pay via paypal gift your not covered for anything, standard paypal i think your covered but they will get a charge if you use that to pay. Hope that helps

as above, only if it's not paypal gift

Banned

If you buy now you are covered on a "best effort basis" for INR only. If you buy from June 1st you are covered fully for INR/SNAD. Using normal pp.

I have used paypal quite a lot for direct payments and on the odd occasion have had a problem paypal have fought and refunded my money.

I don't believe you would have a problem. But as others have said. Don't doa gift payment.

What price are we talking? £5, £10, £100, £1000? If you don't min me asking

Tinks,do you do a search for Ebay threads on here,coz everyone i read you have posted on hehe

Banned

deb8z;8703537

Tinks,do you do a search for Ebay threads on here,coz everyone i read you … Tinks,do you do a search for Ebay threads on here,coz everyone i read you have posted on hehe

No only ones that pop ino my field of view when I am online, like the first 2 pages, unless I can't be bothered as it's a dumb question.

Original Poster

07sanchez;8703465

I have used paypal quite a lot for direct payments and on the odd … I have used paypal quite a lot for direct payments and on the odd occasion have had a problem paypal have fought and refunded my money. I don't believe you would have a problem. But as others have said. Don't doa gift payment.What price are we talking? £5, £10, £100, £1000? If you don't min me asking

its only £15 the seller is from ebay i have bought a few things from her thro ebay but we got talking via email and she has somthing id like to buy so asked would i just send pp or do i want it listing i trust she will send it but im thinking if it goes mising or what ever would normal pp cover me.
i know not to send gift i wouldnt do that
thanks all the replys everyone i will rep all i can :thumbsup:

Banned

SABJ;8705867

its only £15 the seller is from ebay i have bought a few things from her … its only £15 the seller is from ebay i have bought a few things from her thro ebay but we got talking via email and she has somthing id like to buy so asked would i just send pp or do i want it listing i trust she will send it but im thinking if it goes mising or what ever would normal pp cover me.i know not to send gift i wouldnt do that thanks all the replys everyone i will rep all i can :thumbsup:

if i recall the last person who had purchased a few things via ebay and then went on to purchase from same person off ebay ended in tears, althought that was apparently a big buy of alot of mobile phones, think they received an empty box or something like that, cant quite remember the details

Banned

sassie;8705958

if i recall the last person who had purchased a few things via ebay and … if i recall the last person who had purchased a few things via ebay and then went on to purchase from same person off ebay ended in tears, althought that was apparently a big buy of alot of mobile phones, think they received an empty box or something like that, cant quite remember the details

Yeah I wouldn't bother tbh, seller gains if you purchase off ebay, you don't for the next few days anyhow.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;8706016

Yeah I wouldn't bother tbh, seller gains if you purchase off ebay, you … Yeah I wouldn't bother tbh, seller gains if you purchase off ebay, you don't for the next few days anyhow.

i dont know what you mean :thinking:

Closed as requested

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763886
  2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1213
  3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214086
  4. Baby boxes to be sent to new parents in Scotland from Tuesday!1523

See more discussions