Paypal credit issue unable to use

Posted 22nd Sep
Having an issue I wanted to use paypal credit on ebay to buy a oculus quest but everytime I do it gives me some error saying choose a different method

Only thing it could be is the amount as the quests around £350 and my limit is £250 but I thought maybe you could clear the extra straight away or does PayPal credit not work like that

It can't be that it's the ebay sellar that's an issue as even curry's on ebay has the same error
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
You're exceeding your limit on an automated system and wondering why it got rejected?
Only options I can think of are
1. Put £100 into your PayPal account before you try to buy. Then when you try to buy it will (I believe) ask to use that first, then ask how to take the balance. I don't know if the option to use PayPal credit will come up though.
2. Contact the seller and see if he will take £100 deposit, and invoice you for the balance. Problem there is if he does that and your credit application gets knocked back he's got your money.
3. Contact PayPal. They may be able to arrange it, again with the extra upfront.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 22nd Sep
13 Comments
You're exceeding your limit on an automated system and wondering why it got rejected?
Only options I can think of are
1. Put £100 into your PayPal account before you try to buy. Then when you try to buy it will (I believe) ask to use that first, then ask how to take the balance. I don't know if the option to use PayPal credit will come up though.
2. Contact the seller and see if he will take £100 deposit, and invoice you for the balance. Problem there is if he does that and your credit application gets knocked back he's got your money.
3. Contact PayPal. They may be able to arrange it, again with the extra upfront.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 22nd Sep
Ringfinger22/09/2019 07:06

You're exceeding your limit on an automated system and wondering why it …You're exceeding your limit on an automated system and wondering why it got rejected?Only options I can think of are1. Put £100 into your PayPal account before you try to buy. Then when you try to buy it will (I believe) ask to use that first, then ask how to take the balance. I don't know if the option to use PayPal credit will come up though.2. Contact the seller and see if he will take £100 deposit, and invoice you for the balance. Problem there is if he does that and your credit application gets knocked back he's got your money.3. Contact PayPal. They may be able to arrange it, again with the extra upfront.

Ah yeah that might work. I'll give paypal a ring and ask them.
Havince22/09/2019 07:09

Ah yeah that might work. I'll give paypal a ring and ask them.

How'd it go?
deeky22/09/2019 09:10

How'd it go?

Yeah can only be the amount on the credit even if you could pay the difference off straight away. Ah well
Havince22/09/2019 09:12

Yeah can only be the amount on the credit even if you could pay the …Yeah can only be the amount on the credit even if you could pay the difference off straight away. Ah well

Aww shame. Thanks for replying Maybe try the upfront deposit to seller route, with him invoicing you for the balance?
deeky22/09/2019 09:15

Aww shame. Thanks for replying Maybe try the upfront deposit to …Aww shame. Thanks for replying Maybe try the upfront deposit to seller route, with him invoicing you for the balance?

I'll just buy it outright tbh would have just preferred to pay over 4 month lol
Havince22/09/2019 09:25

I'll just buy it outright tbh would have just preferred to pay over 4 …I'll just buy it outright tbh would have just preferred to pay over 4 month lol

Phew, I was feeling a bit sorry for you and was gonna send the money over
deeky22/09/2019 09:40

Phew, I was feeling a bit sorry for you and was gonna send the money over …Phew, I was feeling a bit sorry for you and was gonna send the money over

I'll pm you my bank details now, shall I?
JimboParrot22/09/2019 09:53

I'll pm you my bank details now, shall I?

I'm over my benevolent stage now
deeky22/09/2019 09:40

Phew, I was feeling a bit sorry for you and was gonna send the money over …Phew, I was feeling a bit sorry for you and was gonna send the money over

that's very generous of you, if only more people in the world were more like you,
if only i had the same offer of help for a family member...

if i dont get £200 sent to my Paypal within the next day then my great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother will not get her operation and might die

god bless you, i can see from your comment that you are a very decent person
cainer122/09/2019 09:59

that's very generous of you, if only more people in the world were more …that's very generous of you, if only more people in the world were more like you, if only i had the same offer of help for a family member...if i dont get £200 sent to my Paypal within the next day then my great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother will not get her operation and might die :(god bless you, i can see from your comment that you are a very decent person

Bloody hell, I didn't expect begging letters so soon
deeky22/09/2019 10:01

Bloody hell, I didn't expect begging letters so soon

hey i wasnt begging, i think you have got me all wrong,
i can prove i am legit by getting my Nigerian cousin who is a prince to accept the funds,
in fact he will deposit $50,000 into your bank and then you send me £200

i just need your bank account details my trusted friend thankyou please
cainer122/09/2019 10:08

hey i wasnt begging, i think you have got me all wrong, i can prove i am …hey i wasnt begging, i think you have got me all wrong, i can prove i am legit by getting my Nigerian cousin who is a prince to accept the funds, in fact he will deposit $50,000 into your bank and then you send me £200i just need your bank account details my trusted friend thankyou please

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants