PayPal credit - multiple items

Posted 28th Apr
Is there any way to indicate which item you’d like to pay off?

The reason I ask is because I bought an iPad and Xbox using PayPal credit, on different terms (the iPad on a 4 month, no interest deal; and the Xbox over 12 months). I purchased the iPad first - about three months before.

Last month, I thought I was paying off the last of the iPad - instead they used the money to reduce the amount owed on the Xbox. May is the last opportunity to pay off the iPad without incurring an interest charge.

I thought they automatically paid off whatever is the oldest item? As that’s not the case, is there any way to specify what item you wish to pay?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Go on PayPal chat and ask them. They’ll be best placed to answer your questions.
It says in your account, but it doesn’t matter what you pay it takes it from the highest interest first or the one with shortest interest free...
Bargainhead28/04/2020 08:45

It says in your account, but it doesn’t matter what you pay it takes it f …It says in your account, but it doesn’t matter what you pay it takes it from the highest interest first or the one with shortest interest free...

Thanks - that should’ve been the iPad then. I’ll contact them
I had a similar issue and they were hopeless. Couldn't allocate my payments towards any specific plan and if you have long term plans and the regular 4 month plan it's even worse.
Useful post, I'm a similar boat. Bought something last week on 4 months 0% interest last week, my previous purchase was on 12 months 0%. I'm about 5 payments in, only option I have too is to pay minimum or full balance which covers both items.
Prosamuraiman28/04/2020 11:22

I had a similar issue and they were hopeless. Couldn't allocate my …I had a similar issue and they were hopeless. Couldn't allocate my payments towards any specific plan and if you have long term plans and the regular 4 month plan it's even worse.

I agree with you, i've spoken to 3 advisors and some of them are useless. I will be pleased when i've finished paying my items off and won't buy anything again using Paypal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions