Paypal dispute

Posted 8th Jun 2020
Hi,
One seller tried to scam me by sending a used item instead of a new. I opened a PayPal dispute today for a "different item" . Many peoples suggested me to escalate the dispute to Paypal but unfortunately I am not having any options for that (Escalate to Paypal button is missing in dispute). Due to Covid, the PayPal CC phone lines are not working and I am clueless. Highly helpful if someone can shed some light upto this
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
Use the chat function - persist with the automated fella on it - eventually your matter will be escalated to a agent who may take a day to respond but then hopefully you’ll get a case opened
You can’t normally escalate it till the date the seller has to reply to the complaint. If you can’t sort it between the two of you then you can but this is normally 5/6 days from when you open it.
Edited by: "alankfc02" 8th Jun
You should see a button that says escalate for PayPal review. You can do this anytime. It’s best to do that now if the seller is not going to cooperate. It will get the resolution much faster.
Edited by: "Love__Bargains" 8th Jun
Love__Bargains08/06/2020 21:48

You should see a button that says escalate for PayPal review. You can do …You should see a button that says escalate for PayPal review. You can do this anytime. It’s best to do that now if the seller is not going to cooperate. It will get the resolution much faster.

I can't see a button for that. Only one I can see is "Cancel"
sohailh198408/06/2020 21:31

Use the chat function - persist with the automated fella on it - …Use the chat function - persist with the automated fella on it - eventually your matter will be escalated to a agent who may take a day to respond but then hopefully you’ll get a case opened

Yes, I did
Love__Bargains08/06/2020 21:48

You should see a button that says escalate for PayPal review. You can do …You should see a button that says escalate for PayPal review. You can do this anytime. It’s best to do that now if the seller is not going to cooperate. It will get the resolution much faster.

He has to wait a while
MadeDixonsCry08/06/2020 21:57

He has to wait a while

You dont. I had to open a dispute a few weeks ago, and i could immediately escalate it to PayPal after opening the dispute.
ReecesWaffle9508/06/2020 22:30

You dont. I had to open a dispute a few weeks ago, and i could immediately …You dont. I had to open a dispute a few weeks ago, and i could immediately escalate it to PayPal after opening the dispute.

I personally had to wait. The fact that the op can't find an option to leads be to believe they also have to wait.
ReecesWaffle9508/06/2020 22:30

You dont. I had to open a dispute a few weeks ago, and i could immediately …You dont. I had to open a dispute a few weeks ago, and i could immediately escalate it to PayPal after opening the dispute.

What type of dispute was that?
rainislove08/06/2020 22:45

What type of dispute was that?

To be fair, it was an item not received case.
Paypal customer service is working, ring them on 0800 358 7911. If you can't get through use a landline phone.
Hi you can’t escalate a claim to PayPal with out it being 7 full days !
Get a lawyer
I_Wish08/06/2020 22:54

Paypal customer service is working, ring them on 0800 358 7911. If you …Paypal customer service is working, ring them on 0800 358 7911. If you can't get through use a landline phone.

They don’t answer they just knock you straight off
I just got a reply from PayPal, the dispute team will contact me soon. Sooner means a day or long but worth
rainislove09/06/2020 15:58

I just got a reply from PayPal, the dispute team will contact me soon. …I just got a reply from PayPal, the dispute team will contact me soon. Sooner means a day or long but worth

How did you get hold of him?
J_s3109/06/2020 17:47

How did you get hold of him?

I send a message using the contact us
J_s3108/06/2020 23:44

Hi you can’t escalate a claim to PayPal with out it being 7 full days !

You sure? Is that business days? I already esxceded the 7 Calendar days
J_s3109/06/2020 13:51

They don’t answer they just knock you straight off

Ring from a landline.
I_Wish09/06/2020 19:11

Ring from a landline.

I don't have a landline number at the moment
Post a comment
@
    Text