1. Tes Deals
Groups

PayPal Disputes

I've got a dispute open and the buyer opened the dispute on 12th January, first he requested a refund and then opened a dispute straight through PayPal.

After opening the dispute, and posting a message in the dispute asking for a refund which I replied back to on the same day stating I will give him his refund once I have the item back in my possession.

He has not replied ever since, now I'm just wondering how long can disputes last in PayPal and what if the buyer doesn't respond and doesn't send the item back, how can I make sure he doesn't get his money too as I don't want PayPal to take action and refund him!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

11 Comments

I hate paypal they always go with the buyer, i never feel that my money is safe in my account.

I once sent a replacement (after they broke the item) to someone and paypal gave them their money back aswell! i was soo angry, lost around £180 i had a tracking number but it was from a curiour that wasnt paypal validated. :x

hope everything ends well with you

excell the dispute and then choose option to refund once item recived back then he will have to post it back within 10 days otherwise he cannot claim again

paypal rules state the item has to be returned before they will refund so its up to him to provide a tracking number before paypal will refund him just be careful what u sign for check its the right item first!

onlyme23;4136772

paypal rules state the item has to be returned before they will refund so … paypal rules state the item has to be returned before they will refund so its up to him to provide a tracking number before paypal will refund him just be careful what u sign for check its the right item first!

yep watchout he could send an empy envelope recorded delivery and paypal would pay him out , i hate paypal in dsputes always go wth buyer yet its the seller that loses out in money via fees,i thought google were bringing out a service to challenge paypal

jamstaruk1972;4136912

i thought google were bringing out a service to challenge paypal

HUKD should start one

I would trust it more than google

Paypal always favour the buyer, even if they don't follow protocol and you do. I've been stung for £275 before and paypal didn't give a toss despite me having a whole folder or info and police reports to say it was fraud.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the comments,

It's the first time I've had a dispute with a buyer, he claims the item's faulty so I told him to send it back to me so I can get a replacement for him or send him a refund, he just wont respond!

His phone number seems fake, makes that long beeping noise everytime I ring and it all seems hopeless :x

Original Poster

zahoor;4136733

excell the dispute and then choose option to refund once item recived … excell the dispute and then choose option to refund once item recived back then he will have to post it back within 10 days otherwise he cannot claim again

Would I do this by by clicking on: Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim?

If PayPal decide who wins the dispute, how often is it that the seller doesn't lose out, all I want is my item back and I'm happy to refund but don't want it to be that PayPal refund him and he doesn't return the item to me :?

Also it says on the dispute that this can escalated to PayPal claim by 2/2/2009, what happens if I don't escalate it to a PayPal claim and he doesn't respond until that date or beyond?

ninj4z;4141556

Would I do this by by clicking on: Escalate this dispute to a PayPal … Would I do this by by clicking on: Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim?If PayPal decide who wins the dispute, how often is it that the seller doesn't lose out, all I want is my item back and I'm happy to refund but don't want it to be that PayPal refund him and he doesn't return the item to me :?Also it says on the dispute that this can escalated to PayPal claim by 2/2/2009, what happens if I don't escalate it to a PayPal claim and he doesn't respond until that date or beyond?

paypal wont refund it without proof it has been returned like a tracking number

if nothing has happened by the 2nd the dispute would be closed

Original Poster

onlyme23;4143765

paypal wont refund it without proof it has been returned like a tracking … paypal wont refund it without proof it has been returned like a tracking numberif nothing has happened by the 2nd the dispute would be closed

Thanks for the reply,

He's got a while to get the item back to me but aint holding my breath on it because he aint responded since 12th Jan (date dispute was started), what if I leave it until the 2nd and he still doesn't respond, I think he's happy to keep the item by the looks of it but can he open another dispute for the same item?

ninj4z;4146847

Thanks for the reply,He's got a while to get the item back to me but aint … Thanks for the reply,He's got a while to get the item back to me but aint holding my breath on it because he aint responded since 12th Jan (date dispute was started), what if I leave it until the 2nd and he still doesn't respond, I think he's happy to keep the item by the looks of it but can he open another dispute for the same item?

once a dispute is closed he cant reopen it or dispute again :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44

See more discussions