Groups

Paypal disputteee grrr, someone help :)

Hey guys. I posted a message yesterday about how I had ordered from a shop called 'The who' and the goods never arrived.

I paid by paypal and I opened a paypal dispute yesterday to try and get my money back, they rang me today and said that they couldnt refund my money because there was a dispute open??!!! Is this correct?? Because when I went to 'close dispute' there was a warning which said, if the seller has agreed to refund make sure this is cleared before closing the dispute because it cannot be reopend.!!!

So now I dont know what to do ive messaged them saying that they should be able to refund me before the dispute is closed and if they cant to message paypal. What else shall I do??

P.S Merry Christmas All

14 Comments

Paypal are an absolute nightmare
    If you have not received an item the seller has to produce a proof of delivery, the item should have been sent by some kind of registered mail, Paypal do not accept proof of postage as proof of delivery. If the seller cannot produce a proof of delivery (standard postage for example) then you will receive a full refund but this takes a couple of weeks or so if the seller doesn't agree to give you a refund straight away. Do not close the dispute.

dont close the dispute as once closed cannot reopen and then you have all kinds of problems the seller should be able to offer a refund even in dispute

Banned

Dont close the dispute! If you do then he doesnt have to refund you at all and you will lose out

The seller is trying to con you.

Dispute automatically closes once you receive refund

Dont close I would have thought the company could/would refund via paypal let them mediate it and wait. I wouldnt have thought you would have a leg to stand on if you close! hope it works out!

Original Poster

Wikid thank you guys!!!! I'll stick by my guns lol!!!! Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!! And the special pressie of rep for all ya help

the seller can refund you while there is a case open, as soon as its done it will be closed, good luck

I had a similar problem, opened a dispute seller claimed he would refund me once i closed the dispute so i did, still hasnt given me a refund, paypal say they cant re-open a dispute either so im taking action into my own hands

The seller is right, he's not trying to pull the wool over your eyes, he cannot refund you.

I was a seller in a similar situation. An item was lost in the post but instead of contacting me the buyer went straight to a CLAIM. Once you have escallated a DISPUTE to a CLAIM the money is removed from the sellers account and sits in nowhere land earning interest for Paypal.

It's then a case of waiting for Paypal to decide on the outcome.

This is new, past few months. Before then a seller could issue a refund.

PAYPAL IT'S WRONG - STOP HOLDING ONTO PEOPLES MONEY YOU GREEDY LOT:pirate:

BUT DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE or you will be at the mercy of the seller. They will be able to refund you but at their discretion. Just sit tight, it's not the sellers fault, it's Paypal's greedy system.:santa:

spryce;3856588

The seller is right, he's not trying to pull the wool over your eyes, he … The seller is right, he's not trying to pull the wool over your eyes, he cannot refund you. I was a seller in a similar situation. An item was lost in the post but instead of contacting me the buyer went straight to a CLAIM. Once you have escallated a DISPUTE to a CLAIM the money is removed from the sellers account and sits in nowhere land earning interest for Paypal.It's then a case of waiting for Paypal to decide on the outcome. This is new, past few months. Before then a seller could issue a refund.PAYPAL IT'S WRONG - STOP HOLDING ONTO PEOPLES MONEY YOU GREEDY LOT:pirate:BUT DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE or you will be at the mercy of the seller. They will be able to refund you but at their discretion. Just sit tight, it's not the sellers fault, it's Paypal's greedy system.:santa:

spot on, during a dispute the seller still has the refund option, one a dispute has been escalated to a claim the refund option is no longer available, ive just had them sit on my refund for 9 weeks before finally re-imbursing me.

Original Poster

spryce;3856588

The seller is right, he's not trying to pull the wool over your eyes, he … The seller is right, he's not trying to pull the wool over your eyes, he cannot refund you. I was a seller in a similar situation. An item was lost in the post but instead of contacting me the buyer went straight to a CLAIM. Once you have escallated a DISPUTE to a CLAIM the money is removed from the sellers account and sits in nowhere land earning interest for Paypal.It's then a case of waiting for Paypal to decide on the outcome. This is new, past few months. Before then a seller could issue a refund.PAYPAL IT'S WRONG - STOP HOLDING ONTO PEOPLES MONEY YOU GREEDY LOT:pirate:BUT DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE or you will be at the mercy of the seller. They will be able to refund you but at their discretion. Just sit tight, it's not the sellers fault, it's Paypal's greedy system.:santa:

Ahh ok, this is really useful info, but I havent escalated it to a claim!!! Unless paypal did it without my knowledge lol! But I def havent taken it any further then just opening a dispute so Im not sure whats going on!!! lol...

But with that info i'll look into it, Thanks for your help!!!

Original Poster

Hey guys, yeah I def havent made a 'CLAIM' cause it says this above resolution centre:

You or ***** can ask PayPal to investigate by escalating this dispute to a claim anytime before 12/01/2009 19:02 GMT.

So i sent them this message-

From Buyer - Sorcha Anglim25/12/2008 03:17 GMT
    Hi there, Just to let you know that I have looked into it and there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to refund me. I have not escalated it to a claim and therefore paypal will close the dispute if you refund me. If you are having trouble doing this then I suggest you should get in touch with paypal as there is a mistake with their system.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

What you reckon?

Original Poster

They messaged back and said-

the funds have already been taken back and held by paypal.so we are stuck

What do you reckon then?? I really didnt escalate to a claim so maybe I shouild now?! Im not sure...

Banned

sorcha_a;3861362

They messaged back and said-the funds have already been taken back and … They messaged back and said-the funds have already been taken back and held by paypal.so we are stuckWhat do you reckon then?? I really didnt escalate to a claim so maybe I shouild now?! Im not sure...

You mean the seller has said they have refunded you but Paypal are holding the funds?

If YES.... I would escalate the claim before the dispute closes!

When someone refunds you...the dispute automatically closes and money should be in your paypal account, End of story

The seller sounds like a con artist to me!!

Original Poster

Ok, Thank you!!!! Thats great help, i'll leave it a few days and then do it, cheers!!!! x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …258867
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?35229
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2850
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714127

See more discussions