Groups

Paypal Exchange Rate :(

Only like... 1.79 going through DealExtreme just a couple of weeks ago it was like 1.95...gutted

5 Comments

that doesnt sound right, i bought something off there through paypal and it was $19.46 and the exchange rate was £10.71 and that was just over a week ago
    corinne

Banned

rosalie;2820059

that doesnt sound right, i bought something off there through paypal and … that doesnt sound right, i bought something off there through paypal and it was $19.46 and the exchange rate was £10.71 and that was just over a week agocorinne

that is 1.81

paypal will stitch you at every opportunity just like ebay.

csiman;2820115

that is 1.81paypal will stitch you at every opportunity just like ebay.

LMAO
    yes that's true mostly
    however the exc hange rate varies day by day and is NOT governed by paypal it's governed by the banks throughout the world

todays rate (in the banks) is $1.858 to £1.00
    NO curreency exchange service will give you that rate though, they have to make money even though they may not charge commission they alter the rates slightly to compensate so they dont give money away for free
    so $1.81 isnt bad at all considering todays NatWest rate is $1.7816

paypal have always had decent rates on currency exchange (don't tell them or they will change it :D) - much better than credit cards and banks.

Banned

karenhornby;2820166

NO curreency exchange service will give you that rate though, they have … NO curreency exchange service will give you that rate though, they have to make money even though they may not charge commission they alter the rates slightly to compensate so they dont give money away for freeso $1.81 isnt bad at all considering todays NatWest rate is $1.7816

Not quite right. The nationwide credit and debit cards give you inter bank exchange rates on purchases. I got 1.31 euros a month ago whilst banks were offering 1.25

you could say that nationwide isnt a bank and you'd be right. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1881351
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382

See more discussions