PayPal 'family and friends'

Found 28th Nov 2017
Am I still right to think F&F payments offer no security for the buyer? - and only the goods and service payment has an option for the buyer to complain and ask for refund?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
That's right.
Yep because it’s not for making payment for goods. It’s for sending gifts of money to family and friends...why would you need protection for that?!
Original Poster
bluep7 m ago

Yep because it’s not for making payment for goods. It’s for sending gifts o …Yep because it’s not for making payment for goods. It’s for sending gifts of money to family and friends...why would you need protection for that?!

Because it is still requested by some people. Just like 90% of sales that went through the for sale section right here on HUKD when we had it
that's in theory.. the reality is you can dispute as unauthorised, providing they pay by mobile or with a vpn/proxy they will get the money back

then the harsher reality is they phone paypal and say "this guy sold me xx and told me to send as f&f but I didn't receive it" and they will go ahead and open a dispute anyway
Edited by: "murtgurge" 28th Nov 2017
icecreamwoman27 m ago

Because it is still requested by some people. Just like 90% of sales that …Because it is still requested by some people. Just like 90% of sales that went through the for sale section right here on HUKD when we had it

Of course it’s requested by sellers - there’s no fees and no comeback on them if you aren’t happy as a buyer. Your choice is either you gift them the money and hope they gift you the goods in return or you pay a higher price including fees and you benefit from PayPal’s processes and backup to protect you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions