Groups

Paypal fees

I just noticed something odd.
    On the 30th June I received a payment of £149 of which the fees were £8.25.
    Ive just received the same amount of £149 but the fees this time are only £5.27

Anyone know how this can happen.
    Thanks.

9 Comments

Did you ask PayPal themselves? I hate their fees. Them and ebay are just robbing *******
    Edited by moderator: "removed swear" 12th Jul

£5.27 is the right figure for a standard transaction within the UK. What is the location of the two customers?

Original Poster

Vanderlust

£5.27 is the right figure for a standard transaction within the UK. What … £5.27 is the right figure for a standard transaction within the UK. What is the location of the two customers?

The 1st customer was registered on ebay in South Korea but the parcel was being sent to the Uk. It was going to a postal box so I actually cancelled the transaction as I wasnt happy with it all & only just spotting this fee now I'm glad I did cancel.

Original Poster

itsdavidjones1984

Did you ask PayPal themselves? I hate their fees. Them and ebay are just … Did you ask PayPal themselves? I hate their fees. Them and ebay are just robbing ****

No, Ive only just spotted it but fortunately I cancelled the transaction anyway as it was a suspect buyer.

Original Poster

Thats funny how the child of unmarried parents was ok on the 1st post but got **** on the reply.

rhinopaul

The 1st customer was registered on ebay in South Korea but the parcel was … The 1st customer was registered on ebay in South Korea but the parcel was being sent to the Uk. It was going to a postal box so I actually cancelled the transaction as I wasnt happy with it all & only just spotting this fee now I'm glad I did cancel.

Yeah it was something to do with the South Korean part that caused it. Some currency charge most likely.

Vanderlust

Yeah it was something to do with the South Korean part that caused it. … Yeah it was something to do with the South Korean part that caused it. Some currency charge most likely.

This ^

Paypal charge "cross boarder fees" on transactions from other countries.

paypal.com/uk/…ees

For your UK transaction (assuming you have a basic account) it is 3.4% plus 20p. 5.066p fee and 20p = £5.27.

For the Korea transaction if you cancelled, then the fee will have been refunded (apart from the fixed fee amount).

rhinopaul20 h, 39 m ago

Thats funny how the child of unmarried parents was ok on the 1st post but …Thats funny how the child of unmarried parents was ok on the 1st post but got **** on the reply.

​The word in my comment shows as ******* even though it's a legit word

Original Poster

itsdavidjones1984

The word in my comment shows as ******* even though it's a legit word

It was showing the full word when posted but has changed now. Guess someone took offence but I have noticed that some words are getting through but not always.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions