Found 12th Feb 2010
Hi guys.

I sent a payment of £32 to someone for some football tickets. He's saying he only received £30. Is this because I got charged a fee?

How can I send the £2 without getting anything else on top?

Thanks for any help.

12 Comments

send thru paypal gift

shybeauty;7825816

send thru paypal gift

With your bank account linked to your paypal account not just a bank card

Original Poster

So if my bank account isn't linked with the PP account, I'll get charged?

The person who receives the payment through Paypal pays the fee. If the seller agreed to be paid through Paypal, you shouldn't have to pay anything else.

Original Poster

chrysha;7825945

The person who receives the payment through Paypal pays the fee. If the … The person who receives the payment through Paypal pays the fee. If the seller agreed to be paid through Paypal, you shouldn't have to pay anything else.

I sent him £32 for tickets. He sent the tickets out to me etc and I went to game. Sadly, Rangers drew 1-1.

Anyway, he received £30 and wants the other £2. If I sent £2, would he get it?

RutBomb;7825988

I sent him £32 for tickets. He sent the tickets out to me etc and I went … I sent him £32 for tickets. He sent the tickets out to me etc and I went to game. Sadly, Rangers drew 1-1.Anyway, he received £30 and wants the other £2. If I sent £2, would he get it?

you need to have money in your PP account -- phyiscally sitting in ya account on screen, then, pay via PP Gift, else you would need to send approx £34, then PP would take off fees, giving OP £32

You need to send it through paypal gift.
Send the next £2 through that.
Where it says options. personal.:thumbsup:

RutBomb;7825988

I sent him £32 for tickets. He sent the tickets out to me etc and I went … I sent him £32 for tickets. He sent the tickets out to me etc and I went to game. Sadly, Rangers drew 1-1.Anyway, he received £30 and wants the other £2. If I sent £2, would he get it?

If you send another £2 to him, Paypal would take their cut, so he would get less! I still don't understand why the seller is asking for it. As he sent the tickets out to you, he accepted your payment, £32 less Paypal fees.

Original Poster

Meh, it's done now. Sent it as a gift and got charged 29p on top.

Thanks for the answers and help guys, muchly appreciated.

chrysha;7826276

If you send another £2 to him, Paypal would take their cut, so he would … If you send another £2 to him, Paypal would take their cut, so he would get less! I still don't understand why the seller is asking for it. As he sent the tickets out to you, he accepted your payment, £32 less Paypal fees.

if you send as a PayPal gift there is no charge as there is no cover either :thumbsup:

You can choose to pay the bank account fees yourself

mosskeeto;7826314

if you send as a PayPal gift there is no charge as there is no cover … if you send as a PayPal gift there is no charge as there is no cover either :thumbsup:

No charge provding you have funds in your paypal account
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. CEX grading68
    2. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge610
    3. Advice on selling an iPhone?67
    4. Best way to get to Alton towers from north west, or by train, coach etc11

See more discussions