PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options

Found 20th Oct 2017
Hi there,

A long story very short I have paid someone using Friends and family (overseas in euros), and failed to give me the digital item, on previous occasions it’s been fine but now they have taken my money and blocked me. Is there anything I can do to get it back or at least stop them from getting it! Thanks so much
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
superfreddy1 h, 22 m ago

Open a dispute as an unauthorised transaction.

so commit fraud?
11 Comments
... nope.
superfreddy1 h, 22 m ago

so commit fraud?
Digital item?? More like you was scammed.
adamspencer9513 h, 35 m ago

so commit fraud?

Yes, he’s scammed you so you commit fraud. Two wrongs don’t make a right but at least you end up with your money.
nrackham7653 m ago

Yes, he’s scammed you so you commit fraud. Two wrongs don’t make a right bu …Yes, he’s scammed you so you commit fraud. Two wrongs don’t make a right but at least you end up with your money.

so Paypal lose money due to 2 fraudulent transactions, but its a company right so who cares?

(sarcasm, by the way)

the OP mis-used Paypal in the first place and they had no benefit in the transaction. why should they be out of pocket because of it?
It's a dispute case NOT fraud since the account holder willingly provided authorisation but didn't receive the service / item originally agreed upon.
denchington3 m ago

It's a dispute case NOT fraud since the account holder willingly provided …It's a dispute case NOT fraud since the account holder willingly provided authorisation but didn't receive the service / item originally agreed upon.

you cant dispute a family and friends transaction. there is no protection (and therefore no fee)

the suggestion above is to report that the transaction was completed by someone else who had unauthorised access to the account i.e. FRAUD
adamspencer9514 m ago

you cant dispute a family and friends transaction. there is no protection …you cant dispute a family and friends transaction. there is no protection (and therefore no fee)the suggestion above is to report that the transaction was completed by someone else who had unauthorised access to the account i.e. FRAUD

I fully understand but if that report is false then the account holder is literally committing fraud against PayPal and risks getting in trouble if a proper investigation takes place.

Account holder is completely at fault for going ahead with a foolish money transfer then hoping for the best.
denchington2 m ago

I fully understand but if that report is false then the account holder is …I fully understand but if that report is false then the account holder is literally committing fraud against PayPal and risks getting in trouble if a proper investigation takes place.Account holder is completely at fault for going ahead with a foolish money transfer then hoping for the best.

correct, sorry, i read it as if you were saying what what suggested was not fraud.

i think we are on the same side
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 22nd Oct 2017
adamspencer9521st Oct

so Paypal lose money due to 2 fraudulent transactions, but its a company …so Paypal lose money due to 2 fraudulent transactions, but its a company right so who cares?(sarcasm, by the way)the OP mis-used Paypal in the first place and they had no benefit in the transaction. why should they be out of pocket because of it?

The sarcasm is lost on me, we are not here to disrespect each other.

I completely agree with your view. PayPal, the company should most certainly not lose out if two people abuse their rules. Well
Pointed out,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions