Groups

paypal gift charging now

trying to send a payment to someone but paypal gift are charging

14 Comments

i think if u take money out of your bank account it charges u

yeah its been like this for a whiel certainly with me anyways

You HAVE to have the funds in your account or allow transfer by bank transfer for it to be free..

t0mm;6174108

You HAVE to have the funds in your account or allow transfer by bank … You HAVE to have the funds in your account or allow transfer by bank transfer for it to be free..

what he said

Original Poster

[QUOTE=deathtrap3000;6174111]what he said[/QUOTE

i had funds in my account a few days ago when i sent someone money then and they charged me

atigona;6174125

i had funds in my account a few days ago when i sent someone money then … i had funds in my account a few days ago when i sent someone money then and they charged me

You didnt do it right or sent more then what was in your paypal account.

Original Poster

t0mm;6174126

You didnt do it right or sent more then what was in your paypal account.

yep i think you're right there but they never did this before

atigona;6174135

yep i think you're right there but they never did this before

always have mate:p

I sent some money from my father in laws account to mine a few days ago. He had a balance
    and the rest came out of his bank account.....Picked gift etc as usual.
    They charged. (and don´t say I´ve done something wrong LOL I´ve been using paypal
    ever since it was first available in europe and know how it works :-P )

They must have changed the rules or something?
    It´s weird though, sometimes there are fees on gift payments, other times there aren´t.
    (and yes, all sent either from balance or bank account)

Original Poster

TanyaSpace;6174219

I sent some money from my father in laws account to mine a few days ago. … I sent some money from my father in laws account to mine a few days ago. He had a balanceand the rest came out of his bank account.....Picked gift etc as usual.They charged. (and don´t say I´ve done something wrong LOL I´ve been using paypal ever since it was first available in europe and know how it works :-P )They must have changed the rules or something?It´s weird though, sometimes there are fees on gift payments, other times there aren´t.(and yes, all sent either from balance or bank account)

like the the other guy said

it is only free when it is all from the balance as anything from the card and they will cahrge

atigona;6174222

like the the other guy saidit is only free when it is all from the … like the the other guy saidit is only free when it is all from the balance as anything from the card and they will cahrge

IF say you transfer £30

You have £22in paypal and the rest coming from your bank; if its being transfered BY BANK TRANSFER you wont get charged fee.

if it's coming off your DEBIT/CREDIT Card you'll get charged.

He had 20 pounds on the account, the rest got taken by them from his bank account (not CC and not debit card)

Do you mean he would have had to transfer it all to his paypal account first so he has a balance of the full amount he wants to send?
    It used to be that balance and money they take from the bank account was free to receive when the gift option was selected

I use my bank account, hardly ever have any fgunds in my paypal account, I never get charged sending paypal gift, Maybe you also have to have a verified account

Transferred some money yesterday by PayPal gift and wasn't charged, no balance in the account but taken from a bank account. If you use a credit/debit card then they charge, don't think it's any new rule just same as it's always been. I suppose the verified account may make a difference, but no mention of it in terms and conditions.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1818
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767410
      4. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…34

See more discussions