'Paypal Gift' is not a safe form of payment for sellers......................

Banned
or has it never been?

Just that I received a payment and for the first time noticed this text:-

Reversals:
Please be aware that your payment can still be reversed, (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have posted the item to your buyer.

8 Comments

Original Poster Banned

so basically its not an option for high value items. Anyone know if its easy to do a chargeback and if banks charge for this?

Yes I think that is true as what ever form of payment the financial institute (in this case paypal) is responsible against a criminal act. All paypal gift does is gives you no cover for no charges. I doubt paypal will do anything as they have made no fees but they do have a legal responsibility.

Hope that makes sense?

I would not go near Paypal with a bargepole.

As the Government has spent over 20% of the money the UK made this year bunging UK banks, why can we not have a reliable, trustworthy, online payment system for online operated from one of the banks that are now effectively ours, rather than being screwed by some american company?

Original Poster Banned

ibiza;3654532

I would not go near Paypal with a bargepole.As the Government has spent … I would not go near Paypal with a bargepole.As the Government has spent over 20% of the money the UK made this year bunging UK banks, why can we not have a reliable, trustworthy, online payment system for online operated from one of the banks that are now effectively ours, rather than being screwed by some american company?

we do, its called bank transfer ;-)

Banned

Cant Paypal transfers/payments be reversed anyway?

sure I read they can

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;3654775

Cant Paypal transfers/payments be reversed anyway?sure I read they can

yeah but you have their seller protection program in place (which is effectively useless too!)

]paypalsucks.com is full of people with some real horror stories

at last the banks are implementing fast transfers so we can all start using that instead. just waiting for ebay to ban bank transfer as a payment method

Original Poster Banned

Anyone know if its easy to do a chargeback and if banks charge for this?

Banned

csiman;3654784

yeah but you have their seller protection program in place (which is … yeah but you have their seller protection program in place (which is effectively useless too!)]www.paypalsucks.com is full of people with some real horror storiesat last the banks are implementing fast transfers so we can all start using that instead. just waiting for ebay to ban bank transfer as a payment method

paypalsucks is not a secure site, do a google search
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764032
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213603
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 511

See more discussions