Groups

paypal help

Lots of people use paypal so i was thinking of opening an account.
    If you have a maestro debit card will they let you use that or does it have to be a credit card??

I wanted to make sure before i opened an account.

7 Comments

Mines a debit card and it was fine :-)

So is mine - no problem with ordinary bank card eg Maestro

Paypal is garbage, dont use it. You will get ripped off at some point.

Banned

Paypal is great until a problem arises. Nicked £120 of me when I was 100% right (chargeback for no valid reason and no return of camera I sold via ebay) See ]paypalsucks.com

It should be a regular feature on watchdog!

I registered with my Maestro debit card and it works fine. I've carried out about 400 paypal transactions now, and never once had a problem. It IS annoying though, how they take bites of your money at every stage, and give **** conversion rates for currency. It is reliable though and Im glad I have my paypal.

Original Poster

i rang and they said that they dont accept debit cards, and it has to be a credit card...
    so i guess i wont bother yet

Edit: email saying account accepted and wait until you get two small payments...
    lol i guess i may be setting up paypal after all

Original Poster

i know its a double post but i want to know if something on ebay is for £10 and if i pay £10 for it from my account then the seller will get less as he will be charged. Does it go like that or do i have to pay more than £10 for it to become £10 after the paypal charges???

lol i know confusing....basically do i pay what i bid upto eg £10 or do i pay a little extra so the seller gets £10 after charges
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions