Found 8th Nov 2010
Got an email from pay pal security every time i click it it doesnt open and i get a runtime error, is this a virus?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Banned

yes
go to paypal directly and change your password now to be safe

Sloth/Mod

And then scan your system.

Banned

you should never open links like this via emails
Edited by: "sassie" 8th Nov 2010

Never click on a link in an email relating to paypal!! Always open your browser and log in yourself.

Its that Ugandan businessman trying to give you extra money

Original Poster

it was an email that said security no links

I had an email supposedly from paypal security this morning stating it was a receipt for my payment to mobile top up online for 40.99. I panicked and quickly checked my paypal but there was no transaction for 40.99 or to that company, and there as no links in it at all, so unsure whats going on. It looks exactly the same as my other paypal receipts, except hotmail flagged it with a red ! when my others usually have a green tick so unsure what thats about.
edit, there was a link, a cancel payment button, I looked on the paypal website to see what they do about spoof emails, it says to forward them to [email protected]paypal.com without changing anything, not even the subject line, and when I forwarded it the link showed up.
Edited by: "tatemze" 8th Nov 2010

Original Poster

hmm sounds liek a similar email to me, have closed my paypal to be on safe side

cheers all

I had the same email. If you look at who it was from, it was typed as PAyPal Security.

tatemze

I had an email supposedly from paypal security this morning stating it … I had an email supposedly from paypal security this morning stating it was a receipt for my payment to mobile top up online for 40.99. I panicked and quickly checked my paypal but there was no transaction for 40.99 or to that company, and there as no links in it at all, so unsure whats going on. It looks exactly the same as my other paypal receipts, except hotmail flagged it with a red ! when my others usually have a green tick so unsure what thats about. edit, there was a link, a cancel payment button, I looked on the paypal website to see what they do about spoof emails, it says to forward them to [email protected] without changing anything, not even the subject line, and when I forwarded it the link showed up.

Original Poster

melmorc

I had the same email. If you look at who it was from, it was typed as … I had the same email. If you look at who it was from, it was typed as PAyPal Security.

this is what i had to! so not jst me then?

Just don't click on ANY links in the email. Just perm delete it.

melmorc

Just don't click on ANY links in the email. Just perm delete it.

i did, after forwarding to the spoof email alert
if you look at who its sent from its from an msn email
if you look under the help section on paypal.com it states things to look for, such as paypal always addresses you by name, the email i had today was addressed to paypal client
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions