Groups

Paypal Help needed

Trying to send someone £110 by paypal gift but it is asking me to pay fees, does anyone know how to stop it doing that. Whenever I try sending money it sa

I have tried deleting my credit card and now only have my verified bank account on the paypal account as I know it charges you for gift payments made using credit cards. Whenever I try sending money it says that it is going to use an echeque which will take 7-9 days to clear.

Thanks for any help.

20 Comments

I think that you have to have funds in the paypal account to send it as a gift!

Put funds into your paypal account before you make the payment?

Banned

masterruckus;6905445

I think that you have to have funds in the paypal account to send it as a … I think that you have to have funds in the paypal account to send it as a gift!

not if you have a bank account linked to it, or was it a debit card. arrgghh

Original Poster

I thought you could send money using pp gift as long as you used a bank account.

I can't transfer money to my account as it says it will take 7-9 days and I need to pay for it now.

Any help guys?

Banned

are you sure you only have your bank account set up to it and its the primary account being used

Original Poster

Yes I only have one bank account and no cards and the bank account is primary.

masterruckus;6905445

I think that you have to have funds in the paypal account to send it as a … I think that you have to have funds in the paypal account to send it as a gift!

^^ this!

PP will only let you send as PPG if funds are in the PP account :thumbsup:

try adding a debit card like sassie has mentioned, might do the trick as the bank account hasnt worked, unsure how paypal verify bank accounts and cards these days

Original Poster

How come I've sent funds before using only my bank account.

If any of you wouldn't mind, could you test sending a pp gift payment without any money in your bank account without actually sending it. just to verify you have to have money in your account.

Banned

Disco;6905506

^^ this! PP will only let you send as PPG if funds are in the PP … ^^ this! PP will only let you send as PPG if funds are in the PP account :thumbsup:

no this
    There are no fees for personal payments to friends and family that are funded via your bank account or PayPal balance.

op have you logged out and given it a while, maybe takes time for it to be removed, your cc i mean, and, you are clicking gift, know that sounds daft but maybe you hadnt

mosab13;6905545

How come I've sent funds before using only my bank account.If any of you … How come I've sent funds before using only my bank account.If any of you wouldn't mind, could you test sending a pp gift payment without any money in your bank account without actually sending it. just to verify you have to have money in your account.

I just tried from my paypal account that isnt linked with any cards of accounts and when i tried to make a gift payment it said i had to add a credit or debit card!

Original Poster

They must have changed it as I'm sure I've sent pp gift payments fee free using my bank account before.

Have also just logged off and on again and it is still the same.

Original Poster

Have just tried sending someone else £30 and it is letting me do a gift payment with no fees.

If I try sending the £110 as seperate payments of £30,£30,£30,£20, do you think it will let it go through?

Banned

if sent via bank account linked to paypal or paypal funds it is free, if via any other method their will be fees

Original Poster

Looks like it is the fault of the person I'm sending the money to as no matter what amount it always tries to charge me a fee.

Banned

mosab13;6905663

Have just tried sending someone else £30 and it is letting me do a gift … Have just tried sending someone else £30 and it is letting me do a gift payment with no fees.If I try sending the £110 as seperate payments of £30,£30,£30,£20, do you think it will let it go through?

then try the £100 payment now, maybe your account has now been refreshed and no cc is showing

Banned

mosab13;6905688

Looks like it is the fault of the person I'm sending the money to as no … Looks like it is the fault of the person I'm sending the money to as no matter what amount it always tries to charge me a fee.

errrmmm maybe it is a business account, and it cant be done via those :?

mosab13;6905688

Looks like it is the fault of the person I'm sending the money to as no … Looks like it is the fault of the person I'm sending the money to as no matter what amount it always tries to charge me a fee.

Have you changed the funding option at all.........

Are you sure it's a personal payment you're sending.........

sassie;6905725

errrmmm maybe it is a business account, and it cant be done via those :?

I think Sherlock has it lol

deb8z;6905740

I think Sherlock has it lol

Sassie is on the mark as usual, Paypal gift is for sending payments with NO fees to personal accounts. If you or the receiptant have a business account, then it will charge you fees.

You also don't need a credit/debit card on file to send payments, as it can come straight from your bank, as long as the above is true.

You have 3 choices, send and you pay the fees, the receiptant pays the fees or they start a new account (personal) one and use that one. They won't be able to withdraw the money without linking to another bank account, but they can use it spend online :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1832
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214454
      3. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?22
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767129

See more discussions