Groups

PAYPAL how does refund work!

for example i recieve money £500

costs nothing to the sender

costs me a small slice for recieving it

now if i was to give the full refund back by clicking refund

how does that work because ive got the £500 - the recieving fee?!!

does the original sender lose out?

do i have to add more money to make it £500 again?

kinda stumped!!!!!!!!!! DINO WHERE U AT :-D

4 Comments

No, it just extracts the fee and sends it back with whatever you got. so say they took £4 for fee and you had £496, you'd get £4 of fees back to send.

t0mm

No, it just extracts the fee and sends it back with whatever you got. so … No, it just extracts the fee and sends it back with whatever you got. so say they took £4 for fee and you had £496, you'd get £4 of fees back to send.

I wish it was only £4, it's just over £17.00 in fees.:-(
    You are pretty much right. The whole amount you received is refunded. If it was £500 that went into your paypal account you would receive just under £483, the remainder would vanish in Paypal fees, When you refund just under £483 comes from your Paypal account and the remainder from Paypal but it is a seamless transaction.
    You MUST only use the 'Refund' option or the other person will pay fees.

Original Poster

thanks alot tomm and dino!!! that cleared things first

thanks payapl guru dino!:thumbsup:

muffin247

thanks alot tomm and dino!!! that cleared things firstthanks payapl guru … thanks alot tomm and dino!!! that cleared things firstthanks payapl guru dino!:thumbsup:

You are welcome, but we have a new Paypal guru, t0mm :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767171
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047080
      4. word association Game73844452

See more discussions