Groups

Paypal investigating Payment- 'Unauthorised Payment'

Ok, I have just checked my emails tonight and I am rather confused.

I sold on here yesterday, received payment, posted today. Now I've just received an email from Paypal to say they're investigating a payment as 'Unauthorised Payment'...

Can anyone shed any light in to whether this claim was started from the buyers end or do Paypal do this often?

I have uploaded the scan of the postage receipt through the dispute pages like they asked.

Confused!

23 Comments

have you went into your PP account from a link in the email?..

they may suspect a paypal gift payment is actually a payment for a product?

Original Poster

lorsmanic;4058673

have you went into your PP account from a link in the email?..

No I saw the email and logged into Paypal itself and not the email link:thumbsup:

ctuk;4058693

they may suspect a paypal gift payment is actually a payment for a … they may suspect a paypal gift payment is actually a payment for a product?

It wasn't Paypal Gift, was just regular payment

Banned

as its an unathorised payment that sounds like they are investigating the payee, not the recipient

its a payment thats been stopped by the payee's bank

e.g. they have made a request to the bank that they didn't do the transaction

there is no chance in this earth you will win, sorry to be blunt

paypal can't win against the bank and you will lose out :x

Original Poster

sassie;4058788

as its an unathorised payment that sounds like they are investigating the … as its an unathorised payment that sounds like they are investigating the payee, not the recipient

Hmmm yeah I see what you're saying, but is there not an option for the buyer to open a claim for an unauthorised transaction? Hence why I'm confused. I have PM'd the member so hopefully they'll know more about it than I do. I just got a massive shock since I had just posted it today after receiving payment yesterday.

Original Poster

faevilangel;4058816

its a payment thats been stopped by the payee's banke.g. they have made a … its a payment thats been stopped by the payee's banke.g. they have made a request to the bank that they didn't do the transactionthere is no chance in this earth you will win, sorry to be bluntpaypal can't win against the bank and you will lose out :x

Well it's only for a small amount but that will mean the buyer will have the item too? Surely any normal person would realise the mistake?

Seems silly as surely the thread they bought from would prove they'd purchased the item

xsazzyjayx;4058866

Well it's only for a small amount but that will mean the buyer will have … Well it's only for a small amount but that will mean the buyer will have the item too? Surely any normal person would realise the mistake?Seems silly as surely the thread they bought from would prove they'd purchased the item

its a scam unfortunately, they pay, then wait till you post then tell their bank they didn't authorise

xsazzyjayx;4058866

Well it's only for a small amount but that will mean the buyer will have … Well it's only for a small amount but that will mean the buyer will have the item too? Surely any normal person would realise the mistake?Seems silly as surely the thread they bought from would prove they'd purchased the item

was it on here :? omg ...... there is cat in hells chance of them mistaking it.....

reveal their name please as they are screwing you left right and centre :x

Original Poster

faevilangel;4058896

its a scam unfortunately, they pay, then wait till you post then tell … its a scam unfortunately, they pay, then wait till you post then tell their bank they didn't authorise

Seems pointless for £3.50 though. Oh well, if thats the case, I'll just face the negative feedback I get in return. Hopefully the buyer will PM me back tomorrow and explain the mix up

Original Poster

faevilangel;4058908

was it on here :? omg ...... there is cat in hells chance of them … was it on here :? omg ...... there is cat in hells chance of them mistaking it..... reveal their name please as they are screwing you left right and centre :x

I'd prefer not to 'name and shame' as this could be just an innocent thing?

Banned

or maybe ust a mix up, find it way out someone would do that for £3-50, do they have feedback on here already

xsazzyjayx;4058923

Seems pointless for £3.50 though. Oh well, if thats the case, I'll just … Seems pointless for £3.50 though. Oh well, if thats the case, I'll just face the negative feedback I get in return. Hopefully the buyer will PM me back tomorrow and explain the mix up

i wouldn't expect it for £3.50 but its not normal to forget a transaction

on ebay forums, have a look, this is a major scam that happens mostly on high value with new users

Original Poster

sassie;4058947

or maybe ust a mix up, find it way out someone would do that for £3-50, … or maybe ust a mix up, find it way out someone would do that for £3-50, do they have feedback on here already

Yes 18 positive and 1 negative over a dispute bank payment. I did however find it strange that they wanted it addressing to the company name (same address) instead of the name registered. But hey that could just be their way of differentiating mail, it could just be a mix up but I've not seen it before. I did post on the thread this morning to say I'd posted the items that had been bought though and the email was received at 21.13 this evening

Original Poster

faevilangel;4058981

i wouldn't expect it for £3.50 but its not normal to forget a transaction … i wouldn't expect it for £3.50 but its not normal to forget a transaction on ebay forums, have a look, this is a major scam that happens mostly on high value with new users

Especially not one that happened just yesterday. Fingers crossed it is just a little mix up! I'll have a peek over there now. I've added rep for your help :thumbsup:

Banned

xsazzyjayx;4058993

Yes 18 positive and 1 negative over a dispute bank payment. I did however … Yes 18 positive and 1 negative over a dispute bank payment. I did however find it strange that they wanted it addressing to the company name (same address) instead of the name registered. But hey that could just be their way of differentiating mail, it could just be a mix up but I've seen it before. I did post on the thread this morning to say I'd posted the items that had been bought though and the email was received at 21.13 this evening

yes, had a nosey, still makes no sense, but then on here sometimes nothing does, hope its just a mix up and all turns out ok :thumbsup:

supermod

xsazzyjayx;4058940
    I'd prefer not to 'name and shame' as this could be just an innocent thing?

If you want to use to provide the relevant details in confidence, then we can note it as well for reference, thanks :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sassie;4059015
    yes, had a nosey, still makes no sense, but then on here sometimes nothing does, hope its just a mix up and all turns out ok :thumbsup:

Thanks sassie, rep left for your help

sigma;4059018
    If you want to use to provide the relevant details in confidence, then we can note it as well for reference, thanks :thumbsup:

Done, thank you :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4059048

Yeah a mistake...... :whistling:

A whiff of sarcasm there? haha. Well I can only wait and see I suppose

Banned

before everyone jumps on the buyer, paypal do this every now and then with perefctly good payments, however i've never had one not reversed.
    Usually if the buyer is ok they won't have a problem doinf a bank transfer or something instead

Was it sent trackable ?

Original Poster

colinsunderland;4059477

before everyone jumps on the buyer, paypal do this every now and then … before everyone jumps on the buyer, paypal do this every now and then with perefctly good payments, however i've never had one not reversed.Usually if the buyer is ok they won't have a problem doinf a bank transfer or something instead

I did say it could just be all innocent :thumbsup:

deb8z;4059825

Was it sent trackable ?

No, just standard 2nd class, but I had the receipt with address on, which Paypal asked for a copy of

Original Poster

Update from buyer is that their Paypal account had 18 unauthorised transactions in the same day hence Paypal looking in to it. They've said they can't make payment because their account is frozen. I have submitted evidence to Paypal but heard nothing back yet, does it autmomatically get reversed? The buyer seemed to know the ins and outs of the process (i.e. providing postage details etc) but seems less than helpful. Any idea what I should do now?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed11
      2. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA55
      3. How to get laptop to boot from DVD/CD drive?59
      4. Speccing a gaming pc415

See more discussions