Paypal is a pain the backside!

Banned
Just sold some stuff on ebay - which the guy paid using Paypal (despite requesting bank transfer. (£150 just cost me £5.50!)

Anyway, to post the stuff, I was going to use one of the ebay couriers that were recommended here a couple of days ago.

Used the buy it now option. I filled out the address details for postage and went off to pay in paypal.

When I arrive, I find my account is locked because it thinks its been compromised. Typical! Straight away, I also receive an email from them saying the same. I also received an email from the courier firm saying they had the details ready for parcel collection (which I assume is now in jeopardy for Monday.)

In paypal, it asks you to resest password and questions, which I have done (Dont worry - it was on the ebay site not a phishing site.)

It now says "awaiting response". That was about 6 hours ago and still says that. So I try calling them (Thankyou saynoto0870 - 020 86053000) and the place is shut until Monday!!!! Lovely bankers!!!

So, since Im certain I havent paid for the delivery - I suppose I could just reapply and pay using paypal - but not my account (ie a guest payment) - but then I reckon I'll end up footing the bill for the "auction" win as well.

Ive even paid the premium for next day delivery because they want the goods ASAP. Looks unlikley now!

Damn you ebay, damn you Paypal.

5 Comments

guv

Just sold some stuff on ebay - which the guy paid using Paypal (despite … Just sold some stuff on ebay - which the guy paid using Paypal (despite requesting bank transfer. (£150 just cost me £5.50!)Anyway, to post the stuff, I was going to use one of the ebay couriers that were recommended here a couple of days ago.Used the buy it now option. I filled out the address details for postage and went off to pay in paypal.When I arrive, I find my account is locked because it thinks its been compromised. Typical! Straight away, I also receive an email from them saying the same. I also received an email from the courier firm saying they had the details ready for parcel collection (which I assume is now in jeopardy for Monday.)In paypal, it asks you to resest password and questions, which I have done (Dont worry - it was on the ebay site not a phishing site.)It now says "awaiting response". That was about 6 hours ago and still says that. So I try calling them (Thankyou saynoto0870 - 020 86053000) and the place is shut until Monday!!!! Lovely bankers!!!So, since Im certain I havent paid for the delivery - I suppose I could just reapply and pay using paypal - but not my account (ie a guest payment) - but then I reckon I'll end up footing the bill for the "auction" win as well.Ive even paid the premium for next day delivery because they want the goods ASAP. Looks unlikley now!Damn you ebay, damn you Paypal.

Let me know if I can help. I could pay for the delivery, if you refund me by BT.

Hey Dino so you are great with PP, I am still waiting for my account to be unlimited(which has been 5 weeks now) gave them all id they wanted, including about 20 tracking numbers so far, and they ask for more and more. They even refunded someone £105 after tracking number said delivered.

Theres about £400 in my account I can't use.

Original Poster Banned

dinosteveus

Let me know if I can help. I could pay for the delivery, if you refund me … Let me know if I can help. I could pay for the delivery, if you refund me by BT.

Many thanks for the offer Steve. Fortunately my account is now unblocked. Still have no idea why they did it.

Now the next hard part!

I used a buy it now button for delivery - and got a confirmation through from the form I filled in (and using my paypal address) - but failed to pay - and it doesnt appear in my "won" items. My guess is they are not going through Ebay - else it would have registered.

Interestingly, Ive noticed that "payperdrop" is now a new user with 0 feedback. Not sure what thats all about!!!!!!

guv

Interestingly, Ive noticed that "payperdrop" is now a new user with 0 … Interestingly, Ive noticed that "payperdrop" is now a new user with 0 feedback. Not sure what thats all about!!!!!!

I believe the user should be called "payperdrop_uk" - the other one I would assume is trying to impersonate them?

Original Poster Banned

Mattitude

I believe the user should be called "payperdrop_uk" - the other one I … I believe the user should be called "payperdrop_uk" - the other one I would assume is trying to impersonate them?

Cheers for that - and I agree it looks that way - though if you click on the buy link, it opens up [url]www.payperdrop.eu[/url] - which is the same people! Looks like they are avoiding the ebay fees!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions