PayPal issues, what do I do now?

Found 14th Mar
Ok so my issue has to do with a gift card I saw for sale via Facebook market. Contacted the seller and we agreed I pay via PayPal family & friends. Upon confirmation of email address money was set. The seller kept telling me she hasn’t received the money so I said let’s give it a few hours and see how it all goes, This was on Sunday by the way. So till now she still claims she hasn’t received it in her bank but upon asking further she can’t seem to access her PayPal account anymore as she changed phones from iPhone to Samsung and had some issues with accessing the account so she left it and she clearly remembers the account is still linked to her bank. Since my PayPal account is linked to my bank as of today funds have cleared and no longer pending as it was yesterday. Is it possible that a supposed closed PayPal account linked with a bank card can still have funds sent to it and cleared as well?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments
You stupidly sent it as friends and family, i fear you've lost your money to a scam
Edited by: "jb66" 14th Mar
Original Poster
jb662 m ago

You stupidly sent it as friends and family, i fear you've lost your money …You stupidly sent it as friends and family, i fear you've lost your money to a scam

Haven’t lost my money as I have received gift card and used it already. I can ignore the seller if I want to but that’s not me.
12 Comments
The credit will be in her PayPal account. She needs to withdraw from PayPal before it would go into her bank.

Send her this link paypal.com/bz/…737
Edited by: "emodan" 14th Mar
Paypal will sort this out for you, they are very good, do not worry you will not lose your money.
Yeah. She needs to follow the link she got via email or log in her PayPal account and sort there
Original Poster
She says that account doesn’t seem to exist anymore as she can’t even reset the password
You stupidly sent it as friends and family, i fear you've lost your money to a scam
Edited by: "jb66" 14th Mar
Request that she contact PayPal direct to get the account re-activated then. They will ask her some security questions and should be easy enough to do
Original Poster
jb662 m ago

You stupidly sent it as friends and family, i fear you've lost your money …You stupidly sent it as friends and family, i fear you've lost your money to a scam

Haven’t lost my money as I have received gift card and used it already. I can ignore the seller if I want to but that’s not me.
She knows it's a problem at her end so why doesn't she let you have the gift card unless it's a scam.
ScubaDudes15 m ago

She knows it's a problem at her end so why doesn't she let you have the …She knows it's a problem at her end so why doesn't she let you have the gift card unless it's a scam.

Op has the gift card and spent it, that's already been mentioned.
Kojo_Segu17 m ago

Haven’t lost my money as I have received gift card and used it already. I c …Haven’t lost my money as I have received gift card and used it already. I can ignore the seller if I want to but that’s not me.

Tell her to go get help if she's struggling. It's amazing how folks can get in a mess over these things. Entering wrong passwords and even email address. You can have some fun if you receive a reset password email if someone has used your email address by mistake. You can reset and access there account. Of course they can't so you soon get another reset password email. Crazy world. You can't tell them to stop using your email address by mistake because you don't know there correct email.
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Mar
caverncity18 m ago

Op has the gift card and spent it, that's already been mentioned.

My mistake, we posted at the same time.
Tell them to contact PayPal. Send them a screenshot (of the payment line to them including the reference) which will prove you sent it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions