Paypal just charged me 20p to refund someone.

Found 26th Oct 2011
Getting absolutely ridiculous.

Fee's for receiving money, fees for refunded. Becoming a joke. Fast.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
33 Comments

Are you sure. Because it's confusing they do some strange stuff with the fee reversal

Original Poster

100%

Zero Balance went from receiving a payment for £160, and getting £154.56, refunding it, and being left with - £0.20

Getting a bit tired of the company's greed currently, give actual competition!
Edited by: "Nailez" 26th Oct 2011

Original Poster

I've not clicked anywhere I agree to these T+C's, surely that's a breach.

Holy cr*p you're right. They've started doing this in September Paypal Fees 2011

Nailez

Getting a bit tired of the company's greed currently, give actual … Getting a bit tired of the company's greed currently, give actual competition!

Could not agree more. Hate paying the fees to paypal when you have sold something. Bad enough having to pay ebay fees lol.

just more greed from ebay/paypal glad i gave up selling on ebay along time ago, ebay was great at one point, but it was slowly going downhill once they began to increase their fees bit by bit then introducing paypal was the killer with yet more fees.

Ebay is eventually just going to become a website for selling Outlet goods for the major retailers and rubbish from China

A whole 20p!!!!!!!

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that... Swiftly moving on

Original Poster

I've given up since they've up the Selling Fee's on a Buy it now from 3% to 10%, Bang goes the margin.

Start buying / selling on facebook groups, loads of local ones around, local groups, face to face, buy what you see. Seriously, so much easier.

Original Poster

jonny619447

A whole 20p!!!!!!! Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that... Swiftly moving on

It's not the money, it's the principle.

1,000 refunds a day, 20p a time, £200 a day extra for paypal.

Doors

Ebay is eventually just going to become a website for selling Outlet … Ebay is eventually just going to become a website for selling Outlet goods for the major retailers and rubbish from China

yeah private sellers have had enough of the ebay and ppl fees and timewasters aswell

jasonodell

I've given up since they've up the Selling Fee's on a Buy it now from 3% … I've given up since they've up the Selling Fee's on a Buy it now from 3% to 10%, Bang goes the margin.Start buying / selling on facebook groups, loads of local ones around, local groups, face to face, buy what you see. Seriously, so much easier.

they are soo greedy as if they dont have enough money,people will stop using them as u say then they will wonder why there down on profits

jasonodell

It's not the money, it's the principle.1,000 refunds a day, 20p a time, … It's not the money, it's the principle.1,000 refunds a day, 20p a time, £200 a day extra for paypal.

Thing is they have listed the changes, if you read them you would know about them.

You cant really bring principle into it as its not as if they have done it without telling you.

Original Poster

JACKIT99

they are soo greedy as if they dont have enough money,people will stop … they are soo greedy as if they dont have enough money,people will stop using them as u say then they will wonder why there down on profits

Ebay will never lose profits at 10% a time, never. They don't actually provide any goods or services so to speak, so the only costs are operational.

Paypal are literally just a processing bank. Almost like an Agency between Employer and Employee.

jasonodell

Ebay will never lose profits at 10% a time, never. They don't actually … Ebay will never lose profits at 10% a time, never. They don't actually provide any goods or services so to speak, so the only costs are operational.Paypal are literally just a processing bank. Almost like an Agency between Employer and Employee.

Therr is no denying that Ebay must make a fortune, but their operational costs must also cost a bit. Their server size must be on some extreme level.

whatsThePoint

i had £0 in my account, had a payment which i refunded, then account said … i had £0 in my account, had a payment which i refunded, then account said -20p

I think its free if you have the money in your account?? I havent checked tho...

Original Poster

Paypal gift also, isn't free.

After refunding, it was charging him the same fees his end, rather than me getting hit with the fees.

Only thing left to charge is withdrawing to a Bank Account

Banned

jasonodell

It's not the money, it's the principle.1,000 refunds a day, 20p a time, … It's not the money, it's the principle.1,000 refunds a day, 20p a time, £200 a day extra for paypal.

How do you work that out? You haven't taken into account merchant fees for the refunds.

Binned EBay for selling I now use Gumtree, no charges at all and things go quicker. Ebay has got too greedy for its own good, I just buy from there now.

jonny619447

Thing is they have listed the changes, if you read them you would know … Thing is they have listed the changes, if you read them you would know about them.You cant really bring principle into it as its not as if they have done it without telling you.

Can't remember them telling me. They do however send me loads of spam trying to get me to buy crap from random websites.

Edit: Nope just checked. No updated TOS emails at all.
Edited by: "Shengis" 26th Oct 2011

steevieboy4u

Binned EBay for selling I now use Gumtree, no charges at all and things … Binned EBay for selling I now use Gumtree, no charges at all and things go quicker. Ebay has got too greedy for its own good, I just buy from there now.

Don't get too attached to it.. Gumtree is also owned by eBay now. It's only a matter of time before they will start charging.

Same here, I'm now 20p negative oO

All you silly Paypal users. Just pay the money as a gift instead of refunding. It's simples.

Does PayPal charge for negative balances?

krazykizza

All you silly Paypal users. Just pay the money as a gift instead of … All you silly Paypal users. Just pay the money as a gift instead of refunding. It's simples.

Yep and when they then say in the dispute they have not been refunded you get hit with a double whammy when paypal rule in their favour
Edited by: "ivegotalobon" 26th Oct 2011

Banned

krazykizza

All you silly Paypal users. Just pay the money as a gift instead of … All you silly Paypal users. Just pay the money as a gift instead of refunding. It's simples.

what a stupid suggestion.

I try to avoid using paypal unless I really have to as there is always a charge here, a charge there. I got charged for paying a seller as they wanted the paypal fee added on to the price. Then I got charged when I got a refund (not the same seller) as they wanted to subtract the paypal charge from the refund.

I always end up losing out when my money goes through paypal. No one heard of a credit card these days or a cheque?

jasonodell

i dont think the other poster uses ebay lol if he did then he/she would know wot this thread is all about

just to clear up my earlier point that I thought the 20p fee wouldn't get charged if you had enough cash already inpaypal to refund the buyer. But after just doing a full refund to a buyer (I don't ship to malta! And had uk only set in my auction, they still managed to buy it now and pay) I was left 20p out of pocket and I had loads in the paypal balance. Will be complaining to ebay anyway-as that fee is both unfair and crappy.

Sounds like a bit of a joke! It's bad enough when you have to refund without charge!

PayPal - what a bunch of scammers. I was also never informed of this policy change. ****.

splatsplatsplat

just to clear up my earlier point that I thought the 20p fee wouldn't get … just to clear up my earlier point that I thought the 20p fee wouldn't get charged if you had enough cash already inpaypal to refund the buyer. But after just doing a full refund to a buyer (I don't ship to malta! And had uk only set in my auction, they still managed to buy it now and pay) I was left 20p out of pocket and I had loads in the paypal balance. Will be complaining to ebay anyway-as that fee is both unfair and crappy.

"unfair and crappy." Good luck with that comment to them.

The last time I had an issue was with 3 items they checked on to see if I posted. I sent the goods to the buyers and at a later stage a reversal took place. They claim the items were not sent even thought all were sent tracked. They said it is too late to reverse this back to me as they only allow 15 days after the reversal for me to query it. I was speaking to them on day 14 and they still insisted they were right. I could not broadcast on here exactly what they can go and do! Emailed the buyers but they are sitting seeing they originally paid, received the item and now have their money back!

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants