Expired

Paypal Limited my account because someone else?

Found 15th Sep 2014
hey guys need help. got 150£ in my account, they limited my paypal because an account that is linked with mine, the account is my brothers girlfriend and has nothing to do with me, they claim I have to get that user to sort the issue out first, Ive personally logged into her account to see whats up, it says paypal will not remove this limit, so what rights do I have? I need to ring them up and demand to talk to someone higher, but not sure what I need to say, what rights do i have, and can use to get this sorted, thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
> hey guys need help. got 150£ in my account, they limited my paypal because an account that is linked with mine

> the account is my brothers girlfriend and has nothing to do with me

> Ive personally logged into her account

You don't see why Paypal might deem this activity with suspicion?
They will need you to probably send them id of who you are. I had to do it earlier this year had £750+ in account. Had to show bills and id of who i am. Luckily they were very quick and removed limitations on my account.
Theres not much you can really do
Original Poster
dxx

hey guys need help. got 150£ in my account, they limited my paypal … > hey guys need help. got 150£ in my account, they limited my paypal because an account that is linked with mine> the account is my brothers girlfriend and has nothing to do with me> Ive personally logged into her account You don't see why Paypal might deem this activity with suspicion?

Yeah I understand why they limitied it, however I sent them all they wanted id and bills and still they wont remove limit, which is silly cause i have proofed im not that person, and they wont remove it cause they want the other person to sort it out (which they cant as paypal have said no to)
so there punishing me because someone logged into there paypal account in my house?, if someone owes the bannk money the bank doesnt take the familys stuff right?
whelan189

Yeah I understand why they limitied it, however I sent them all they … Yeah I understand why they limitied it, however I sent them all they wanted id and bills and still they wont remove limit, which is silly cause i have proofed im not that person, and they wont remove it cause they want the other person to sort it out (which they cant as paypal have said no to) so there punishing me because someone logged into there paypal account in my house?, if someone owes the bannk money the bank doesnt take the familys stuff right?

The latest T's and C's of Paypal do mention about logging into your Paypal account by another machine etc. You may want to check these over to see where you stand and what you need to do.

In many cases people moan and whinge when in fact they have broken the Terms and Conditions of the company and have faced relevant consequences.

I'm not saying the above is morally right / wrong but unfortunately that's the way it is.
Original Poster
ipswich78

The latest T's and C's of Paypal do mention about logging into your … The latest T's and C's of Paypal do mention about logging into your Paypal account by another machine etc. You may want to check these over to see where you stand and what you need to do. In many cases people moan and whinge when in fact they have broken the Terms and Conditions of the company and have faced relevant consequences. I'm not saying the above is morally right / wrong but unfortunately that's the way it is.

but people in the same household are allowed to have an account?
if they mess up there's why are they aloud to close everyone elses, i did'nt do anything
whelan189

but people in the same household are allowed to have an account? if they … but people in the same household are allowed to have an account? if they mess up there's why are they aloud to close everyone elses, i did'nt do anything

I wasn't saying you were in the right or the wrong, just regurgitating something I recall being mentioned in the latest Terms and Conditions that had to be adhered to.
I take it the other persons account has been closed by PayPal for dodgy activity, if so then you can kiss goodbye to your account.

However, the money will probably be made available for withdrawal in 6 months time, but until then your only other option is the financial ombudsman to try and get your money released earlier. But, they will not do anything to get your account back, that is up to your to sort out but I warn you, if the other account is well dodgy then you have no chance ever of getting your account opened up again.
Original Poster
NEtech

I take it the other persons account has been closed by PayPal for dodgy … I take it the other persons account has been closed by PayPal for dodgy activity, if so then you can kiss goodbye to your account.However, the money will probably be made available for withdrawal in 6 months time, but until then your only other option is the financial ombudsman to try and get your money released earlier. But, they will not do anything to get your account back, that is up to your to sort out but I warn you, if the other account is well dodgy then you have no chance ever of getting your account opened up again.

thanks, yeah he done something dodgy, bit annoying really haha, yeah ill have to wait then i spose, you reckon ill ever be able to have an account then?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants