Expired

PayPal Pay After Delivery - list of participating stores.

Found 24th May 2014
Thought I would start to create a list hopefully with the help of HUKD members to show which stores accept PayPal pay after delivery.

If you know of any that offer this method of payment please post it and I will add it to the list in the 1st post.

As I can't find a list online hopefully this list will grow and be helpful to people.

1. Misc
  2. Paypal
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Paypal
24 Comments

Original Poster

List to go here when I find any stores that accept.

Dominos http://www.dominos.co.uk/?mpch=ads
Ebay Buy It Now http://www.ebay.co.uk/
Mobile Fun http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/
Plastic Box Company http://www.plasticboxshop.co.uk/
ShopTo http://www.shopto.net/
WH Smiths http://www.whsmith.co.uk/
World Of Books worldofbooks.com/

Edited by: "NEtech" 24th May 2014

i keep using it by accident as its set as default payment lol. not found one that doesnt so far.

How does this work?

babylove78

How does this work?

you pay, but the money doesnt get processed (taken from your bank) till 14 days after the purchase date, usually long enough to sort out any issues if the item is wrong etc.

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza

i keep using it by accident as its set as default payment lol. not found … i keep using it by accident as its set as default payment lol. not found one that doesnt so far.

Can you name any off your head that definitely accept this?

World of Books Ltd
The Plastic Box Company Ltd

It's nothing to do with stores is it? As far as I know it lets you do it on any UK purchases no matter where it's from, the seller still gets their payment as normal straight away. I could be wrong but that's how I understand it.

Original Poster

OK mate, that is the logic thing but I read on here that some people were having trouble finding stores that accepted this method, I assumed they meant the store accepted PayPal but not pay after delivery.

I assumed because the contract is between us and PayPal and not the store that it would be available everywhere, but after reading comments on the internet I am not so sure.

Whsmith do this

NEtech

OK mate, that is the logic thing but I read on here that some people were … OK mate, that is the logic thing but I read on here that some people were having trouble finding stores that accepted this method, I assumed they meant the store accepted PayPal but not pay after delivery.I assumed because the contract is between us and PayPal and not the store that it would be available everywhere, but after reading comments on the internet I am not so sure.

It's weird how it works I know that, I placed several orders from CRC over a 3 day period a few weeks back and sometimes it did it using pay after delivery and sometimes it made me pay straight away, I asked Paypal at the time and they just replied saying that there's an overall credit limit that's individual to each customer, but that didn't make a lot of sense because it would work on more expensive orders afterwards than the ones I had to pay for straight away. So who knows....

Mobile fun

The thing that scares me the most is that dominoes pizza do it online too. No more waiting till payday for dominoes if I'm skint lol.

Also just to note, shopto do pay after delivery too

Never works for me even though I have it as default. Should it indicate Pay after delivery option when you checkout through Paypal? because it just shows my debit card info.

Original Poster

I don't really understand how this thing works.

I have ordered a Dominos using this pay later method, that was no problem. However I wanted to order a few things from a Chinese Ebay seller using buy it now but it would not let me. I order 11 of one item but I had to pay there and then.

So, doing a test run it would let me pay later for a UK seller for a Sony mobile phone costing £70 but it would not let me do it for a watch costing £4 from a UK seller. I have just tried for another watch costing £11 from a massive feedback UK business seller and it wanted payment there and then.

Just tried for a camera costing £100 and it told me I would be paying by echeque, lol. I really do not understand how this works at all!

Original Poster

Sstuff

Never works for me even though I have it as default. Should it indicate … Never works for me even though I have it as default. Should it indicate Pay after delivery option when you checkout through Paypal? because it just shows my debit card info.

Yes mate, if it is accepted it will tell you that your card or bank account will be debited in 14 days time on X date, it will show this below the payment amount on checkout. If it does not show this and states your PayPal balance, debit/credit card or echeque then for some reason you have to pay there and then for that item.

I really do not get how it works for some items and not others, all buy it now when I tested it a few mins ago.

They did tell me it doesn't work for international because delivery is likely to be over 14 days and therefore defeats the point of pay after delivery, which I suppose makes sense.

Original Poster

masterbrown

They did tell me it doesn't work for international because delivery is … They did tell me it doesn't work for international because delivery is likely to be over 14 days and therefore defeats the point of pay after delivery, which I suppose makes sense.

Yeah mate I can understand that as it makes sense, but it just offers it at random for UK buy it now items. I am trying to pin point why it is doing this through process of elimination then hopefully I can get an answer.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PADLaunch-outside

similar to this
paypal.com/web…iew

Edited by: "dontasciime" 25th May 2014

deathsmate

The thing that scares me the most is that dominoes pizza do it online … The thing that scares me the most is that dominoes pizza do it online too. No more waiting till payday for dominoes if I'm skint lol.

Why would that scare you?

If you haven't got a few quid to pay for a pizza, you need to learn how to manage money.

I haven't seen this option when checking out yet or eBay nor Shopto, is their some sort of requirements your PayPal account has to meet to use this option?
Edited by: "GoatzRus" 25th May 2014

Original Poster

GoatzRus

I haven't seen this option when checking out yet or eBay nor Shopto, is … I haven't seen this option when checking out yet or eBay nor Shopto, is their some sort of requirements your PayPal account has to meet to use this option?

Not really, as long as you are bank verified then you should qualify. However you have to enroll first:
paypal.com/uk/…ide

KM4353

Why would that scare you? If you haven't got a few quid to pay for a … Why would that scare you? If you haven't got a few quid to pay for a pizza, you need to learn how to manage money.

^This.

If you can't even afford a Domino's Pizza outright, then you shouldn't have one. You need to sort your life out before you start having takeaways. (_;)

printrpix let you pay after delivery with paypal xx

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.