Paypal Pay After Delivery option. Any1 else been offered this ?

Found 22nd Nov 2013
Pay After Delivery
With Pay After Delivery purchases, we’ll pay the seller straightaway but will only take the money out of your bank account 14 days later. This gives you the time to receive the item before you pay. If the item doesn’t arrive or isn’t what you expected, you’re covered by PayPal Buyer Protection

Terms and conditions
This Pay After Delivery (PAD) Facility Agreement is a contract between You and PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., which supplements the PayPal User Agreement and specifically governs your use of the PAD facility. You agree that any use by You of the PAD facility shall constitute your acceptance of this PAD Facility Agreement. We recommend You save or print a copy of this Agreement for your records.
Capitalised terms not otherwise defined in this PAD Facility Agreement shall have the meaning set forth in the PayPal User Agreement.
The PAD Facility allows You to fund your PayPal Account without having to pre-fund it.
When using the PAD Facility, PayPal will not charge You any fees or interest and the total amount outstanding will be repaid by You within 14 days of the date of the transaction.
You can use the PAD payment option for purchases up to £12,500 and above. Once you have made purchases totalling £12,500 or above, You will be asked to confirm some information about your identity. In order to be able to keep using the PAD facility, You will be required to complete the information we ask for.
You can change your checkout settings or unsubscribe from the PAD Facility at any time on your PayPal Profile page.
PayPal will determine in its sole discretion whether You are eligible for the PAD Facility. Eligibility criteria include but are not limited to transaction activity and a valid payment method. Only eligible PayPal account holders will be able to sign up to the PAD Facility. Your PAD Facility is only for consumer use and it is not intended to be for business or commercial use.
Your PAD Facility transactions will appear in the Transaction History of your Account Overview, separate from your PayPal account transactions, until PayPal has settled your PAD Facility.
The Pay After Delivery (PAD) payment option or PAD facility allows qualifying Users to purchase eligible items and wait up to 14 days to pay for them. The PAD payment option is only available for eligible purchases made under the existing PayPal User Agreement and is not available to all Users. In order to use PAD, qualifying Users must have a valid bank account on file, which has been added to their PayPal account, and identified as their primary bank account or preferred payment method from which funding transfers may be withdrawn. If a valid bank account hasn't been added as a payment method then PAD will not be available, even if You have used PAD before.
Where You and the item purchased are eligible for PAD, which shall be determined in PayPal's sole discretion, you may choose the PAD payment option at the time of purchase. Although PayPal will not impose a fee for your use of PAD, it is possible a third party, such as the financial institution holding the primary bank account, may impose a fee in connection with the payment or purchase, in addition to the amount of the transaction.
If You select PAD as the payment method, the entire transaction amount will be funded from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account, even if You have a balance in this PayPal account, except where there are insufficient available funds in the primary bank account. You authorise PayPal to submit an instruction to debit from your primary bank account the amount of the transaction, and to re-submit this instruction if the initial debit is rejected or if insufficient funds are available.
The hierarchy of payment methods as defined in the PayPal User Agreement will apply in the event that your preferred payment method is declined. For each payment using PAD, You authorise PayPal to debit the primary bank account for the full payment amount 14 days after the transaction date, or sooner in accordance with your instructions. PayPal will send you by email a reminder before the scheduled amount is debited.
Where You have qualified for and initiated a PAD transaction, PAD will be identified as your preferred payment method for future eligible transactions. However, You may change your preferred payment method at any time for future transactions. You will still need to select the PAD payment option for each qualifying payment at the time of the transaction. You may select a different payment method for future transactions and change your payment method at the time You make the payment.
PayPal Buyer Protection rights described in Section 13 of the User Agreement will apply to a purchase using a PAD payment option. If You have a problem with a purchase you must follow the procedures described in Section 13 of the PayPal User Agreement and file a dispute within 45 days from the date You made the purchase. If You file a dispute with PayPal within 14 days of making the purchase with PAD, PayPal will only debit the primary bank account once the resolution process has been completed and if we find in the seller's favour. You authorise PayPal to debit your primary bank account for the full payment amount if we find in the seller's favour.
PayPal has the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the PAD payment option, qualifications or eligibility for PAD, or your ability to use PAD.
Community Updates
40 Comments
its on my a/c by default musta clicked it by accident months ago whilst mullered... its good! not really sure what protecton you get... if any becasue you have to log any complaints through paypal/ebay... anyways.
Plus its fecking annoying when you think youve no outgoings then bam you get a message saying they are taking a tenner out to pay such and such... hard to keep track. If you make lots of purchases i wouldnt bother will be hard to track.
I've had this 'switch on' somehow? Problem is, it keeps paying from my CC rather than my Paypal balance! No idea why, trying to sort it out now...
Yeah I have it, I like that they email to remind you they are going to take the payment.
Thanks for the replies
yes, had it for months now, works well.
I got one too. I've been ebay suckered too many times, not any more.
Did this recently for a site I'd not used before. All good for me, I got the item very quickly and they got paid.

More companies should do it, would eliminate a lot of scam sites if it became the norm for lesser known sites
I had an email today too .... for those that do used the pay later option I cant see anywhere in the t&c that they charge for this service .. can you confirm this? I dont want to sign up if its chargeable .. TIA
tried joining today and blocked my PayPal. not good lol
Is this only applicable to purchases made through Ebay? I have tried a few online shops that accept Paypal, but it doesn't show up on the payment methods screen with the PAD option.
I have had it for ages though never used it as forgot it was there until I got a reminder yesterday.
Yeah, i use it a lot, very handy, it's not just ebay, i use it on chainreaction cycles
Edited by: "souljacker" 22nd Nov 2013
Anyone got a list of online sites you can use this on please?
Anyone any idea how you can switch this 'feature' off on your Paypal account? I don't recall signing up to it and would much rather the money went from my bank account straight away.
roof30

Anyone any idea how you can switch this 'feature' off on your Paypal … Anyone any idea how you can switch this 'feature' off on your Paypal account? I don't recall signing up to it and would much rather the money went from my bank account straight away.

Click Profile near the top of the page
Click My money.
Click Update beside bank accounts.
Under Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay, click Turn this option off
received the pad offer from paypal as well. however bought an item from ebay uk and the option is not available when you go to the paypal landing page for payment. i can also confirm the option is on in my paypal account. Is it dependent on the merchants/sellers specifically or just paypal?
how do you get ths please?
scoobydoomad

how do you get ths please?

You will get an email from Paypal if you're eligible. Can't really find any online retailers where you can use this feature. I would say it's more for Ebay purchases.
I have this and used it for a purchase. after receiving the item and was happy with it I went into my PayPal account and noticed the option "you can pay seller now" so I did and payment was made from my pp account . three weeks later I received an email telling me pp where going to take payment from my bank account and they did even though payment had already been made.
seller did not get two payments though, it ended up in my pp account.
philmitchell

Log into your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.co.ukClick Profile near … Log into your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.co.ukClick Profile near the top of the pageClick My money.Click Update beside bank accounts.Under Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay, click Turn this option off

Thanks philmitchell, really appreciate your help with this.
had it for months, I don't think it's anything to do with the place you buy from, since PayPal send them the money straight away as normal and you pay PayPal 14 days later
Can anybody who's used this tell me if it confirms you will pay after delivery before you confirm payment?
This offer is a joke, it was offered to me but there is no place on the Internet that will accept it. I've tried contacting PayPal several times but now I'm just being ignored. Waste of time.
I have used it a few times times,mainly with ebay but recently with House of Fraser and Zest beauty.
BlondeCoyote

This offer is a joke, it was offered to me but there is no place on the … This offer is a joke, it was offered to me but there is no place on the Internet that will accept it. I've tried contacting PayPal several times but now I'm just being ignored. Waste of time.

Of course there are,why on earth would it be a joke?

You just need to find out which retailers use it!

I have used it with house of Fraser,zest beauty and ebay and that's without me even looking to see if other retailers do it.
its all good works well
Does anyone even know any sites where you can use the pay after delivery feature? I have yet to find one!
Moaggie

Does anyone even know any sites where you can use the pay after delivery … Does anyone even know any sites where you can use the pay after delivery feature? I have yet to find one!

Ones i use
Wiggle
Chain reaction cycles
Steam
Some ebay sellers
souljacker

Ones i use WiggleChain reaction cyclesSteamSome ebay sellers

Thank you is ther any sportswear sites that use it
souljacker

Ones i use WiggleChain reaction cyclesSteamSome ebay sellers

I have found it works every time I use Ebay.

I worked out though that if you win by auction or do buy it now it works perfectly. However if you add items to your basket and then checkout you don't get the option.
Any way of turning it off?

I keep thinking I've paid for something and then I get an email two weeks later reminding me they're taking money out. Starting to annoy me now.
sancho1983

Any way of turning it off?I keep thinking I've paid for something and … Any way of turning it off?I keep thinking I've paid for something and then I get an email two weeks later reminding me they're taking money out. Starting to annoy me now.

Click Profile on the main screen, then My Money on the next screen, it's on the left hand side. Scroll down the pay after delivery option appears click update then turn this option off.
Edited by: "Sstuff777" 25th Apr 2014
The good honest sellers will happy to use this service but will this encourage the seller scammers to keep away & use the traditional way to scam their victims.
I have this and the annoying was it started just before xmas then all I had bought for presents were taken out after xmas I hadn't really noticed how long it took, only realised when my bank statement came in overdrawn glad someone told me how to get it off thanks
buffylass

I have this and the annoying was it started just before xmas then all I … I have this and the annoying was it started just before xmas then all I had bought for presents were taken out after xmas I hadn't really noticed how long it took, only realised when my bank statement came in overdrawn glad someone told me how to get it off thanks

They do email you at least twice before they take the money from your bank which I find helpful as I do tend to forget

When you are going through checkout with ebay for example you are well warned that payment will be pay after delivery there is the option then to change payment type
What could they do if you cancelled your card and paypal -.-
Just been having a nosy and have found that the pay after delivery option is available on Fat Face site. Woop woop,I love a bit of fat face
I'm glad they did this I bought a s5 of eBay no sign of it and hopefully it will be sorted before they take any money
ive just added this to my account however no matter where i go to see if it works it doesnt give me this option :-( paypal have said everything is fine with my account so whats going on? please someone help its doing my nut in lol. cant understand how someone has used it n matalan wilkinsons website and i cant ??
cant find any where that accepts it......seems a coin toss
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants