PayPal payment cancellation?

Found 23rd Aug 2017
Can I cancel a PayPal payment if the other end has confirmed he's decided to not give me what I want or will I get in trouble with PayPal?

p.s. he's an eBay seller
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
You'd be best just to open a claim on eBay - it' may take a week or two for full resolution if the seller is non-responsive, but that's the intended process if the seller won't agree just to provide a refund.
I don't believe you can do that, as above you have to open a dispute, and working 2 weeks you should be able to get refund.
Thanks chaps, now I won't make the wrong decision!
if the option to cancel the payment is there, just cancel it
If the seller has decided to not sell the item, request via eBay message that they refund via eBay within 24hrs due to them not wanting to sell, clearly state any email comms you have had if off eBay and direct emails in message.
If payment not received within 24hrs then open a claim on eBay as in illusionary and jamalhc post, then you have recorded comms that eBay can review to ensure they go in your favour.
ItShMe6 h, 38 m ago

If the seller has decided to not sell the item, request via eBay message …If the seller has decided to not sell the item, request via eBay message that they refund via eBay within 24hrs due to them not wanting to sell, clearly state any email comms you have had if off eBay and direct emails in message.If payment not received within 24hrs then open a claim on eBay as in illusionary and jamalhc post, then you have recorded comms that eBay can review to ensure they go in your favour.

The OP doesn't need to worry about anything "going in their favour". If they open a claim for INR then unless the seller can give tracking showing delivery the OP will get his money back.

The simplest option is for the seller to cancel the transaction on eBay and refund. OP has the buyer said he will do that or made any attempt to refund you as that is the quickest and easiest?

If not, you cannot cancel your Paypal payment but you can open and INR on either eBay or Paypal. The seller will have to provide tracking showing delivery to you or refund. There are timescales for both platforms and it can take at least 8 days unless he refunds you without the dispute running it's course.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants