Paypal private gumtree ad payment advice?

Found 16th Apr 2012
hey guys I had an ad on gumtree for an item, the guy contact me we agreed a price, and I said I can accept paypal?

he took my email address and sent the funds, I have logged in to find that payment is there but there is no seller protection because there is no delivery address?

it says to contact him and make sure it is all correct?

What is the best thing to do? to make sure I am safe? I was going to send the item via special delivery anyways but just want to be extra safe?

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance
Community Updates
19 Comments
Scam
never send it. Reverse the transaction and either lower your price or wait a little longer.
Could be genuine, but I wouldn't trust it. Was it a valuable item?
Don't do it. It's too risky and you would leave yourself open to a charge back.
Edited by: "Grill" 16th Apr 2012
lolllllllllll oh my gosh ! i really want rid of them though lol, is it possible for me to ask seller to update his address details? would that be an option.?
its the value of £80 - £77 after fees btw. ermmmmmmmmmm I have asked to update address details to see if that changes anything? otherwise I may ring paypal tommorow.
aaran7

lolllllllllll oh my gosh ! i really want rid of them though lol, is it … lolllllllllll oh my gosh ! i really want rid of them though lol, is it possible for me to ask seller to update his address details? would that be an option.?

Don't be a spaz. There is no possible way for you to make this into not a scam. Refund, and forget about it.
I can't believe there are still people on here that have to ask this question! Gumtree + paypal = scam!
lol I sell on gumtree alot neva had a problem, apart from the ones who want it send to madrid lol!

he has given me a london address, hmmm going to ring paypal tommorow see if they suggest anything if not cancel it.

thx all
Defcon 1

u mean deffo a con?

steveex

Defcon 1

It's obviously a scam. Send the item, don't send the item. We really don't care either way as it's not our item or money being wasted.
its a scam, as said, return payment and move on, or just ignore advice, send item and look forward tot he chargeback, why waste time on a phonecall to paypal what do you expect them to say
It's not worth the risk, click refund in Paypal and find someone else to sell it to.
SUMMONER

It's not worth the risk, click refund in Paypal and find someone else to … It's not worth the risk, click refund in Paypal and find someone else to sell it to.

+1 to this.
realblender

Seems legit to me

You know realblender is joking right Arran?

Its a scam end of and OMG £80 will become OMG I've lost £80 im in negative funds in paypal and I have no item, I await the thread in that manner from yourself in the future.
Update! I clicked the Refund! but I got them to send money from a confirmed uk paypal account, and I sent it to that name and that address special delivery and updated paypal with tracking id. Sorted payment in the bag

however I understand the claim back can occur for a few months after so I will keep you posted. haha
lmfao awaits the next update
still no problem guys shall we close the case now?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants